Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy Crap, I didn't know that would happen!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I divorced in 2006, with perfect credit.  In 2007, DD fell very ill, in and out of hospitals, and although I had insurance for her, we had $32,000 in out of pocket.  She almost died twice, so I've never thought twice about the debt.  I had to pay her bills, so my other bills got behind and my credit fell to around 500.  Everything has been cleaned up for about a year, but my credit has been around 585, because I don't have any credit cards, ect.  I did just buy a new car six months ago and that made it go up a bit.

The owner of the company I work for, got me a company credit card.  It is on my credit report now and because it has a credit limit of 100K, and we hardly use it, my credit score is no 689!!!

I'm so excited!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:03 PM
Awesome! I wouldn't think that would help your credit but it's a good thing it did. I raised my score well over 100pts in just a year with credit cards.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:04 PM

That is great!  I have two secure credit cards of my own, each 800 limits, that helped me get out of the 500 trap.

I didn't think it would even show up on my report, but its there!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Awesome! I wouldn't think that would help your credit but it's a good thing it did. I raised my score well over 100pts in just a year with credit cards.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:06 PM
The downfall to that too though, is the company ever defaults on that account your credit will take a hit. Basically they placed you on the account as an authorized user with credit reporting. So with keeping the account in good standing, it's boasting your credit. So be mindful allowing others to have you tied to any account that could affect your credit negatively.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:09 PM

That is the first thing DH said.  The company is a 12-13 million a year company.  The card is on autopay to be paid from the account and I am the bookkeeper.  I will keep my eye on things and if things ever turn, I will take myself off the account for sure. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: The downfall to that too though, is the company ever defaults on that account your credit will take a hit. Basically they placed you on the account as an authorized user with credit reporting. So with keeping the account in good standing, it's boasting your credit. So be mindful allowing others to have you tied to any account that could affect your credit negatively.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM
Multi million dollar companies fail all the time. Especially if there are any corrupt employees. It happens.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is the first thing DH said.  The company is a 12-13 million a year company.  The card is on autopay to be paid from the account and I am the bookkeeper.  I will keep my eye on things and if things ever turn, I will take myself off the account for sure. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: The downfall to that too though, is the company ever defaults on that account your credit will take a hit. Basically they placed you on the account as an authorized user with credit reporting. So with keeping the account in good standing, it's boasting your credit. So be mindful allowing others to have you tied to any account that could affect your credit negatively.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM
That is awesome. I love hearing about positive things happening, especially when there was a stressful hardship. How is dd now?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:14 PM
And you can't just simply take yourself off the account. They have to do that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:24 PM

I've taken other employees off the account when they have left us.  and if the owner does have to do it himself, I'm sure he will. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: And you can't just simply take yourself off the account. They have to do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:24 PM

She is well, thank you so much for asking.  Still a bit of a battle. She has anorexia.  But she is at her goal weight and sticking with her treatments. 

Quoting Anonymous 4: That is awesome. I love hearing about positive things happening, especially when there was a stressful hardship. How is dd now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM
That is awesome that she has met her goal and sticking with treatment. The battle does get easier for you and for her.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

She is well, thank you so much for asking.  Still a bit of a battle. She has anorexia.  But she is at her goal weight and sticking with her treatments. 

Quoting Anonymous 4: That is awesome. I love hearing about positive things happening, especially when there was a stressful hardship. How is dd now?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)