Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let him keep the money?? *ETA*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
My EX left us (m e and our 2 kids) six months ago. Let us with $30 no food, gas, ECT. I had been a sahm for years. Since then I have moved out and i am doing any/everything to make money to cover bills.
He only sometimes gives me by cs. We have already done a parenting agreement and cs has been set.

So here is the current situation. The lease is up on our old place. Rental company called and said "we either have to give you back your half of the deposit ($800) or you can sign it over to him" he is going to renew the lease.
So i mentioned it to him and he lost his shit. Screaming, cussing the whole nine yards. He claims I didn't pay towards it. At the time I was working and I honestly don't remember if I paid half or he paid all and I made it up paying all the bills.
I need the money. He doesn't. He makes around $100,000 a yr.
Would you take it back or let him have it and struggle just to keep him from blowing up?

**ETA**
You ladies are awesome. Thank you for the support! I told him I would not be giving him the money. He guilt tripped me and said I was "kicking him and his kid out into the street"
I told him could afford it and if not to ask his mother just like I had to ask my parents for help when he left us. He. Is. Pissed.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM

I'd offer to give him half since you two don't agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I would take it, you guys worked together to get the place no matter what so you should get half back.
Lulu-mama
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Why does he make 6 figures but only pay CS sometimes? I think you should take your half of the deposit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:09 PM
Half of my share? The full deposit was $1600. $800 would be my half.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'd offer to give him half since you two don't agree.

angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:10 PM
5 moms liked this

I would take the half of the deposit. He sounds like a real piece of work leaving you with no job or way to support your 2 kids. I'd also take him to court for not paying the cs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Good question. I went to the CS office and they said they will try and make him pay. He is supposed to pay $1,009 a month.

Quoting Lulu-mama: Why does he make 6 figures but only pay CS sometimes? I think you should take your half of the deposit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd take it based solely on the fact that he's being a dick.
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:11 PM
Take it. He owes you.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
If they called you, it's obviously yours. Considering you obviously need it, if I were you I would take it.

He sounds like the type to look for something to be mad about anyway. So if it's not over this, it will just be something else.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:12 PM
Yes, take him to court!

Quoting angelachristine:

I would take the half of the deposit. He sounds like a real piece of work leaving you with no job or way to support your 2 kids. I'd also take him to court for not paying the cs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)