Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

House guests

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I had 3 house guests stay here at my house for 4 days for Thanksgiving.  They used a clean towel everyday while here and used a total of 12 towels.  I was so busy with entertaining that I did not realize it until this afternoon when I started to do wash.

What is the norm for all of you if you are staying at someone elses house?  I myself will use the towel at least a couple of times before getting a clean one.  I figure if I am just getting out of the shower and just drying myself off then I can use the towel again.  I do the same when staying in a hotel also. 

My post is more just because I am curious.  I am not mad or upset at all. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lunabella79
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:14 PM
I agree with you. I would use the same towel for a few days. I do the same at a hotel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:15 PM
At my house I use a new towel every time. If I'm a guest in someone else's home I will reuse it.

I don't care if my guests get a new one or reuse. Doesn't bother me either way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM
I would use one towel. I definitely would be digging around in the linen closet for new ones.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I would do the same while a guest at someones house, but not a hotel. However, I would not ask my guests to do the same. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:22 PM
If I knew for sure it was my same towel, it had a chance to dry, and no one else had used it, I'd use it again. At home, I use the same towel for a few days. But if I was sharing a bathroom with several people and couldn't easily keep track of which towel was mine, I'd get a new one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Makes sense.  They had their own bathrooms to use and there were hooks for them to hang them up to dry. 

Quoting Anonymous 4: If I knew for sure it was my same towel, it had a chance to dry, and no one else had used it, I'd use it again. At home, I use the same towel for a few days. But if I was sharing a bathroom with several people and couldn't easily keep track of which towel was mine, I'd get a new one.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:27 PM

Same as at home. I will use it twice. Unless they tell me otherwise.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM

I go with the same as at a hotel - 3 days, and then grab a new towel. Unless there was something messy, like I didn't rinse all the shampoo/soap out, and it got all over the towel. 

zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:12 PM

I reuse

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:12 PM

Generally, I use a clean towel.  But I don't stay with people except my own kids, and they provide a clean towel for me each day.  I do the same at hotels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)