Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Honey, I'm sorry that doesn't work for me

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 243 Replies
4 moms liked this

My daughter just had her 2nd baby 5 weeks ago and her maternity leave was almost up, Today I took her with her children out to eat lunch to visit. While eating she explained to me that they didn't realize how expensive daycare would be. I responded I'm sorry to hear that. She then told me it would be a big help if I were to watch her two kids from 7am-7pm Monday thru Friday for 50 dollars. I told her that I'm sorry that doesn't work for me. I explained that i volunteer at the animal shelter and teach classes at the community center for seniors. Evidently that was not a good enough reason to refuse her offer to let me babysit her kids. She threw a huge pissy tantrum and said If i don't watch her kids that I will never see her kids again. I said I'm sorry you feel that way but I've raised my children and its time for me to do the things I want and need to do.for me.I want to be a grandmother not a full time care giver.  You really should have thought about the cost of daycare before you started trying to concieve. She stormed off and said hope you have a shitty life alone and walked away. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:17 PM
14 moms liked this
Yeah, that's something she really should have addressed before her maternity leave was almost over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM
Well you raised her. She wouldn't think it was acceptable to dump her kids on someone else all week if she had been raised right.
AnonMomof3
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:20 PM
5 moms liked this
She has lost her mind. 12 hours a day for five days?? 2 kids, one a newborn for only $50??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:21 PM
8 moms liked this

Sucks for her. I would never charge to watch my grandchildren but 50.00 for 60 hours a week, how could you pass up 83 cents an hour, hahahahahaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:22 PM
5 moms liked this

I don't mind watching them for an hour or two. But no way inhell do i want be stuck watching kids all day

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Sucks for her. I would never charge to watch my grandchildren but 50.00 for 60 hours a week, how could you pass up 83 cents an hour, hahahahahaha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I am completely on your side OP! I have a dd on baby no.3 

grannie_kel
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:27 PM
If she is old enough to have kids, why is she still having tantrums? Have to wonder if that is a parental failure.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't mind watching them for an hour or two. But no way inhell do i want be stuck watching kids all day

Quoting Anonymous 3:

momofthem311
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM
42 moms liked this
That's not true judgey mcjudgerson. You can do everything right by a child and sometimes they just turn out to be assholes. Or sometimes they have asshole moments, and sometimes they marry assholes who turn them into assholes. It's not necessarily the way she was raised, it could be, but not necessarily.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well you raised her. She wouldn't think it was acceptable to dump her kids on someone else all week if she had been raised right.
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:29 PM
9 moms liked this

yeah,granny was her plan all along..she just waited to tell you because she felt you wouldnt say no if you were put on the spot..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)