Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a horrible chihuahua owner

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

For the first 8 years I had my chihuahua, Delilah,I  lived in an apartment.  This meant I had to go outside to walk her on a leash.  Then we moved to a little house with a little fenced in yard.  Take note we moved from Southern Cali to the cold north east.

At first, I rejoiced at the fact I could just let Delilah outside to do her business and didn't have to accompany her Every. Damn. Time.  Then one day I heard a pitiful little whine coming from outside.  I had let her out and forgot to let her back in!  She had been outside for maybe 20 minutes, but it was cold, like between 35-40 degrees.  I felt terrible.

A couple weeks later our family was going to the mall.  I let Delilah outside to do her business before we left because we were going to be gone for awhile.  When we came back, hours later, DH was like, "Where's Delilah?"  She hadn't run to greet us like she usually did and wasn't in any of her usual spots.  That's when I remembered.  I had let her outside.  IT was cold and snowing and this was a four pound dog with short hair.  I lost it.  I broke down screaming OH MY GOD!!!!  I remembered I had let her outside but didn't remember letting her back in.  Surely she had frozen to death.

But no.  She was inside.  I had let her inside - just didn't remember.  Sort of like when you can't be sure if you turned your stove off.  Ever since that day, I have a little freak out inside if I don't find Delilah right away thinking I 'Left her outside' as DH often teases me.

I also stripped the beds the other day to do laundry.  Delilah loves burrowing in blankets.  I had a momentary panic attack when I couldn't locate Delilah right away, thinking I had picked up a bunch of blankets and stuffed them in the washing machine with her inside.  But again she was fine.  I will never get another tiny little fragile dog again though, I"ll tell you that.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:24 PM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:25 PM

The kitten is bigger than the dog. Are you sure you don't have just some mutant rat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM

I have a 4 lb. teacup yorkie. I totally get it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:27 PM

who knows

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The kitten is bigger than the dog. Are you sure you don't have just some mutant rat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM
Yeah, I don't care for small dogs usually.
nanalyn1
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:29 PM

I did that the other day to mine...let her out and forgot she was out...didn't do the head count...(I have a lab and hound mix also) My DH heard her outside...she was so cold....Bad Mommy LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:30 PM

I do not like small dogs...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:30 PM

I love tiny dogs. I have a small yorkie

darcibeisheim
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:37 PM
My chihuahua gets stuck in the garage all the time because she follows me out and sometimes I don't see her. She will bark to be let back in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:39 PM

that's sort of what happens with mine.  She often accompanies me if I go out to the garden or to take care of the chickens (we have since moved to an even bigger place).  I alway worry I might get side-tracked and not let her back in.  I also don't always remember letting her in, which is why I'm constantly checking to make sure she's inside.  She doesn't bark to be let back in, just whines which I can't always hear

Quoting darcibeisheim: My chihuahua gets stuck in the garage all the time because she follows me out and sometimes I don't see her. She will bark to be let back in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)