Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

XBox games Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

My almost 14 year old is begging me for either. Which is the least offensive or violent? Thoughts please?

Thank you!

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Both a fairly violent but I would go with Battlefield. 

Also, don't buy the disc. But EA Access. It's $30 for the year and he will have access to a huge selection of EA games including the sports games, Battlefront, and Battlefield. 

AliasKarma
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:55 PM
Both are equally violent they are the same sort of game.

I do think personally battlefield is a little less in your face about it. Its slightly toned back a hair more.

BUT any teen would probably chose COD over BF. If you will let him do one, might as well be both honestly.

I have played them for years, both, I love them both.
angkorsaway
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:56 PM

Thank you, that's what I thought. I did watch a video of Battlefield which did seem ever so slightly better but what do I know. He is begging me for either. Are there any other games you suggest? 

Quoting AliasKarma: Both are equally violent they are the same sort of game. I do think personally battlefield is a little less in your face about it. Its slightly toned back a hair more. BUT any teen would probably chose COD over BF. If you will let him do one, might as well be both honestly. I have played them for years, both, I love them both.

momofthem311
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 5:57 PM
Our son is 8 and loves call of duty! Him and my husband play together all the time and sometimes he's better than my husband...lol
He has battlefield too, he plays call of duty way more
angkorsaway
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:01 PM

Okay, thanks so much!

Quoting momofthem311: Our son is 8 and loves call of duty! Him and my husband play together all the time and sometimes he's better than my husband...lol He has battlefield too, he plays call of duty way more

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't make them clicky

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/game-reviews/battlefield-4

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=game+rtings+for+Call+of+Duty%3F

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
My 9 year old will be getting both. I just got cod black ops 3 for $15!
eztwins
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My son plays both so idk about which one to get. More of his friends seem to play cod though so it seems the more popular choice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I say call of Duty cause you won't see actual blood. But that is me.
AliasKarma
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Yes!!! How about OVERWATCH. Similar in concept as you can chose a charcter to play and still fight / shoot etc other people online in the same fashion as the other games.

Definitely toned down on the violence at least its alot more suitable for younger teens because it is more cartoonish and not quite as terroristic. Lol. But its a great game to play as well. Check it out!

Quoting angkorsaway:

Thank you, that's what I thought. I did watch a video of Battlefield which did seem ever so slightly better but what do I know. He is begging me for either. Are there any other games you suggest? 

Quoting AliasKarma: Both are equally violent they are the same sort of game.

I do think personally battlefield is a little less in your face about it. Its slightly toned back a hair more.

BUT any teen would probably chose COD over BF. If you will let him do one, might as well be both honestly.

I have played them for years, both, I love them both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)