Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD- Pet related

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
All of these dog posts today got me thinking, wwyd?

I will try to make this as short as possible but just to give a little backstory...

I'm a dog sitter, I host pets in my home for short term (usually for 1-2 days of care) or long term (usually 3 days to 1 weeks but have cared for multiple pets for 25+ days while the owners were out of the country with another couple) I have been caring for pets for a number of years and really enjoy what I do. Doing this allows me to stay at home with my children yet I'm able to contribute financially to our household.

I have many return clients and lots of new ones thanks to word of mouth and their very kind reviews. - this is important later -

Now, I've been caring for a dog (small Pom) since Sept. 6th, with the original pickup date set for Sept. 11th- well the 11th came and went and now we are going on almost 3 months. Each time we arrange for a pickup or drop off date she comes up with some ridiculous excuses as to why she can't.
The first time was because she flew out to CO. but had to make an emergency flight to CA because her exhusband sister had terminal brain cancer and she wasn't sure how long she had left (the exh has custody of dog owners children so she 'had' to go help with them while exh cared for his dying sister) -none of this is true btw.
Second time was her job booked her flight from CA to NC without asking her first and she HAD to go or she would risk losing her job, fine whatever. Next excuse, the hurricane that hit NC has caused my work to be delayed by one week. She says she will be home after that... but you guessed it, she flew home for 1 day before her job whisked her away again and back to NC. Fast forward, several weeks have gone by we set a date again then she tells me 'I'm so sorry, exh sister (with brain cancer) has died and now we are all flying to Tridiad for the funeral so I will be out of the country. Please don't call or text (only email) because I don't want roaming fees. I will only be gone for a week. NINE days later....

She knows her payment is due every Wednesday and has been since Sept. The amount and due date never change but she's ALWAYS late. I constantly have to give payment reminders, now she's what, 5 days late this time.
I understand things come up. I try to be as accommodating as possible but this is ridiculous!

The owner of the dog is at best, an 'E-List' celebrity (no I won't say who but you know, the ones we watched on VH1 and MTV years ago...anyways..) she doesn't realize I know who she is, I guess because she continues to post PUBLICLY on FB, Twitter and IG with her every move, none of which match the excuses she's giving me. You cannot possibly be shucking oysters on the bay while attending a funeral in Trinidad. Ugh. It's just very frustrating and I really don't know what to do. I'm turning down returning clients and new clients because her dog is still here (I can only keep so many at a time to allow me to properly care for them individually) I've had to cancel travel plans with my own family, etc...

So much for long story short and I hope there aren't many errors I tried typing as fast as I could and didn't proofread...I have to get my other children from school and wanted to finish the post before leaving.

So wwyd in this situation?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Tell her she has to pay you 2 weeks in advance in addition to what she owes you NOW or you will turn the dog over to a no kill shelter. And let her know that you know who she is

That threat should spark a fire underneath her breeches

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM
Tell her come get the dog now or you'll have to send it to a shelter?
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:09 PM

heather or someone from 'rock of love'..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:14 PM
If she hasn't paid or truly picked up the dog I'd classify it as abandoned and turn it over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:32 PM
This is what my husband suggested as well but I think I'd feel horrible turning it over to a shelter. At the same time though, I can't keep her dog forever.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Tell her come get the dog now or you'll have to send it to a shelter?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:33 PM
Thank you. I hate confrontation but you're right, I think if she knows that I know who she is it might help.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Tell her she has to pay you 2 weeks in advance in addition to what she owes you NOW or you will turn the dog over to a no kill shelter. And let her know that you know who she is

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:34 PM
Something like that. Lol. Not Heather though.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:35 PM

You have to do what you have to do in order to get paid. Its a shame it has to be done this way but whatever works, kwim

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I hate confrontation but you're right, I think if she knows that I know who she is it might help.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM

haha,megan then..

Quoting Anonymous 1: Something like that. Lol. Not Heather though.
Quoting quinnsmom715:

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM
Do what your dh said give her a week to get the dog say of you don't come get this dog by such and such date i will turn it over to the shelter I can't care for it any further or say you're turning it over to another bording facility in her name so she can get the bill from them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)