Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long after you lost your plug

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Did labor start? I'm 2cm now, 38 weeks pregnant. Been having random contractions none of which seem to be doing anything. But I did lose my plug tonight! So this could still be weeks right ?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:18 PM
I have no idea I didn't lose mine till the ob doctor broke my water with both my kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:19 PM
I don't remember if I did with ds, but this was definitely it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have no idea I didn't lose mine till the ob doctor broke my water with both my kids.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:20 PM

Never saw it with my first two. Even during labor. My third for five weeks I was losing big,small pieces and some with blood. I will say the first time I saw it. It was the biggest one that came out and had a bit of blood on it. It can regenerate itself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:22 PM
I've heard that too, was hoping for positive answers indicating labor soon

Quoting Raeann11:

Never saw it with my first two. Even during labor. My third for five weeks I was losing big,small pieces and some with blood. I will say the first time I saw it. It was the biggest one that came out and had a bit of blood on it. It can regenerate itself.

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:23 PM

A general rule of thumb is 24-48 hours after loosing the plug.  That's what I was told with my first.  Actually my OB stripped my membranes when I was 39 weeks, I had my son the next day

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:24 PM
The mucus plug can regenerate. It really doesn't mean much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:25 PM
That's pretty awesome to hear, I have an appt weds

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

A general rule of thumb is 24-48 hours after loosing the plug.  That's what I was told with my first.  Actually my OB stripped my membranes when I was 39 weeks, I had my son the next day

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:26 PM
It's all I have to go on so I'm taking it

Quoting Anonymous 3: The mucus plug can regenerate. It really doesn't mean much.
silvermermaid
by Allison on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:30 PM
I lost it in the morning (around 6 am) on August 2nd, 3 days before my due date. By 9:30 pm that night my husband drove me to the hospital. My contractions were 4-6 minutes apart and I was 4 cm dilated. My son was born at around 2am on August 3rd.

They told me I came in at exactly the right time but don't ask me how that happened because it was my first and only pregnancy and I had no idea what to expect in terms of going into labor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:32 PM
With my daughter I lost it at around 5pm and a few minutes later my water broke and off to the hospital.

Never saw it with either of my boys.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)