Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've lost 25 lbs in the last month. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

I have lost 25 lbs in the last month by simply cutting out a lot of the junk food that I eat. I found out because I had a doctors appointment a month ago and then another this morning. I guess some of it could be the scale but that seems like an aweful lot of weight loss in one month. Is it unhealthy? My doctor didn't seem worried but I always thought losing weight that fast was was hard on your body.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Only if you are crash dieting can it be harmful, and it also depends on how big you were to begin with.  If you are just eating healthy, without the junk food, I wouldn't worry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Did you intend to lose that much weight that fast?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:44 PM

No, I wasn't even really dieting. I just started snacking on healthier things like dried fruit and trail mix.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:46 PM

I've lost that much weight in a month.

You could check your urine for ketones if you're really concerned, you can get the test strips at any pharmacy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If your doctor isnt worried then you shouldn't be. Good job on losing the weight

Quoting Anonymous 1:

No, I wasn't even really dieting. I just started snacking on healthier things like dried fruit and trail mix.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm 5' 9'' and I went from 182 to 155. All I did was replace most of my snacks with healthier ones like dried fruit yogurt and trail mix.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Only if you are crash dieting can it be harmful, and it also depends on how big you were to begin with.  If you are just eating healthy, without the junk food, I wouldn't worry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:47 PM

What are ketones? Lol.

Quoting corticosteroid:

I've lost that much weight in a month.

You could check your urine for ketones if you're really concerned, you can get the test strips at any pharmacy.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:49 PM
That does seem like a lot, but how overweight were you? Not to be mean, but if you had a lot of weight to lose, then maybe the ratio is not as bad.

Like, someone that weighs 200 lbs...losing 25 would be quite drastic. But say someone that is 400lbs, then 25 lbs might be fine. (Those are just arbitrary numbers, I can't say with medical certainty that one is healthier than the other)

Best of luck on your lifestyle change! Good for you for taking that step.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:50 PM

Then I wouldn't over worry it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm 5' 9'' and I went from 182 to 155. All I did was replace most of my snacks with healthier ones like dried fruit yogurt and trail mix.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 7:51 PM
The time i lost weight without trying it was because my thyroid was overactive. If you feel weak and like you've no strength get that checked out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)