Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spinoff what's the worst gift you ever got?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
For me it had to be a plaque a friend gave me. I sometimes snort when I laugh - it's something I got from my mom. I was no Steve Urkle but once in a while I'd do it. It was kind of a running joke with us.

Anyway a friend gave me a plaque that said something about it. I forget what it said but I just was so unhappy about it. To be fair, my one friend told her she thought I'd think it was funny. The friend who bought it never knew how I really felt but the other one did. But other than that my gifts have been good. :)
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:04 PM
I got a hideous carved toothpick holder from my aunt. When I was like 17. Lol!
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this
A half eaten box of chocolate and a burned candle.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM
2 moms liked this

One year my mother gave me a track suit, a jump rope and an empty Christmas stocking.  "I figured you didn't need any candy."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM
The gift he bought the other woman complete with a gift tag indicating their upcoming birth of a baby. Merry freaking Xmas.
rachellaree20
by Rachel on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM

A pair of almost skin-tight artificial leather pants....from my dad.  I was 15 years old I think and it was a Christmas present.  I still to this day have no idea where the hell he got the idea that I would like them but I was polite about it and said thank you but I don't think I ever wore them.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:06 PM

a rubber hose

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Ugh lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: I got a hideous carved toothpick holder from my aunt. When I was like 17. Lol!
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:07 PM
The adults in my family have always drawn names for Christmas presents. My aunt and mom can't stand reach other. At all. So one year my aunt had my mom's name. My mom opened up the Wal-Mart sack that was handed to her and it was filled with free sample packages of soaps and lotions and stuff. Out was an interesting Christmas dinner after that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my gosh

Quoting Ted1242: A half eaten box of chocolate and a burned candle.
valarie1979
by Already on it on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:08 PM
Oh hell no!

Quoting Anonymous 3: The gift he bought the other woman complete with a gift tag indicating their upcoming birth of a baby. Merry freaking Xmas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)