Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super spooked

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
A week or so ago, we had a knock on our door late at night (around 9). We live literally in the middle of nowhere. No neighbors for miles and no one just shows up at our house unannounced. I answered the door with a shotgun (it's just me, my kids, and my elderly mom- dh travels for work). It turned out to be a cop (although it was dark and couldn't see if his car said police, sheriff, highway patrol, etc). He asked to speak with someone named Gene *******. I'm not going to post the last name. I said no one by that name lived here. He then starts grilling me and I could tell he didn't believe me. He wanted to know where on the property he was (we have 200 acres) with a couple of barns and tool sheds and garages. I told him my family has lived in the house for over 50 years and I've never known anyone by that name. I told him who my husband was and where he was. I told him he was welcome to talk to my mom since she'd lived in the house since she was in her 20s and now she's in her 70s. I could just tell he didn't believe me. According to him Gene is on probation and had to give his home address for random checks. He wrote OUR address on his papers. Cop showed them to me. Wtf?!? Now I'm freaked because it's not an address like 101 Main...it's like Route 7 Box 12784A (not my real address obviously). I've googled the name and can't come up with anything! Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Left.Right.Left
by Gold Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:30 PM
Yah that's pretty creepy! Good luck..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Thanks. There's really nothing I can do...I just wonder why someone would list my address. It's so random.

Quoting Left.Right.Left: Yah that's pretty creepy! Good luck..
horcruxnumber8
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Weird but people do put fake addresses on paperwork. I'd keep an eye out and call the non emergency sheriffs office or the local precinct to find out which officer came out
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Unless you are doing something illegal I would let it slide.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:57 PM
I don't really have any choice, but see how you feel when a criminal uses your address to clearly evade the law. I've been spooked to even go out in our garage (detached and 500 yards away from the house).

Quoting Anonymous 2: Unless you are doing something illegal I would let it slide.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)