Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

send this message?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
"Hi, I'm xxx, my son is xxxxx's brother. I hope I don't overstep my bounds. Normally, we send him a birthday card but this year, ds and I would love to be able to send him a gift, part birthday, part Christmas. I'm not sure what he would like or need, or even if it's ok....

After that, I'm not sure what else to say. I'm not asking for the boys to meet up, I have no problem sending it to their house or giving them my address so they can pick it up from me.

Ds' brother (half brother, they share a father) is in custody of another family member. Usually, we send out a card but idk if he's really getting them (since I send them to his mom's house) and I don't trust the mom to give him any gifts. I think she'd just keep it for herself and use on her bf's kids, not her own since idk how often she really sees him.

I would like to bypass the "middle man" (his mom) and have some type of contact with who the brother lives with... but then part of me thinks I should just let it go. The kids are 12 and 11.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:35 PM
That's sweet that you want to try.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:40 PM
I've struggled with this for years, esp when they got older and years after he was placed with his family.... even though their father has nothing to do with either of them, would our/ds' presence affect him? That's my biggest worry. I know ds would love to get to know him, idk how they feel about it. I really don't want to overstep any boundaries though either.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's sweet that you want to try.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)