Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottle flipping?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
What the heck is that? Someone keeps talking about their child doing that and being upset. What in the world?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:55 PM

its when people flip bottles to see if they can make them land right side up. Its afad with a lot of the kids and it can be annoying. That poster just has a lot of issues

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:55 PM
If it's what my son does, it's where they take a bottle and flip it in the air, trying to make it land standing up on the table. There's videos of people doing it, it's a "thing" right now.

Not sure why that would upset someone though, so maybe that's not what they're talking about?
mrsary
by Emerald Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:56 PM

I never heard of it until Linda's post.  Now I found out that is where all of my bottles of water has been going. My 7 and 8 year old sons flip bottles all the time in their room. I thought she was full of shit, but it is a real thing that kids do. lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:57 PM
There was a YouTube video of a guy doing it, the crowd went crazy and now it's become a thing.
Even a mobile company used singers on a commercial and the guy who started it, at the end of the video they all flipped a bottle.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:58 PM
I have no idea other than two posters I've seen mention it. All I've gathered is it's something annoying kids (mostly boys) do with bottles. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 8:59 PM
It's annoying, except when you're at a soccer tournament with 14 10-year old boys that you need to entertain for 3 hours. 😉
Rydersmommy616
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:06 PM
It's constant all day long. I now give him twenty minute sessions then it has to stop. He wants to flip things everywhere. Onto the fridge fire place. What makes me angry is when he does it in the parking lot. The times sessions are giving him more self control though

Quoting Talkingheads:

its when people flip bottles to see if they can make them land right side up. Its afad with a lot of the kids and it can be annoying. That poster just has a lot of issues

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:07 PM
My 8yo and all his friends are crazy for bottle flipping. It does get annoying, so I tell them to go outside and do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:07 PM
Isn't there a courtyard for your apartment complex?

Quoting Rydersmommy616: It's constant all day long. I now give him twenty minute sessions then it has to stop. He wants to flip things everywhere. Onto the fridge fire place. What makes me angry is when he does it in the parking lot. The times sessions are giving him more self control though

Quoting Talkingheads:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Nov. 28, 2016 at 9:10 PM
Screw that noise
**runs to lock basement door before my boys hear about this** lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)