Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its raining in Gatlinburg!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
My sister is leaving the city. She said the fire is in her neighborhood and they barely had time to get out, that it spread so fast today. I was just there yesterday visiting for the holiday! She left with nothing. But she reported a few minutes ago that it finally started to rain!

Praying that God sends them a downpour and that she has a home to come back to when the fires are out. Prayers for the safety of everyone there.

ETA her home is burned as well as her car. Still praying for more rain. And for all of the people there who have suffered so much.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TishHughes2.0
by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM

I'm a few hours west and it was raining pretty hard a couple of hours ago.

momtolittleg
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:48 PM
They are supposed to get a good soaking, I believe. The NC mountains need it desperately! Hoping her home stays safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:49 PM
That's great news! It should move their direction then!

Quoting TishHughes2.0:

I'm a few hours west and it was raining pretty hard a couple of hours ago.

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:51 PM
We have had a lot of fires this fall all around TN, GA , AL and NC. It was a very dry summer. We got some rain finally a couple of weeks ago that helped. It's raining good here too. A good soaking rain. I hope it helps them.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I hope it rains for hours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:52 PM
She was telling me over the holiday that it has been terribly dry. I smelled the burning driving through NC on the way home but didn't see any fires there. Hope its starting to die down there also. A good soaking is exactly what is needed all through the mountains in the south!

Quoting momtolittleg: They are supposed to get a good soaking, I believe. The NC mountains need it desperately! Hoping her home stays safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
That is great news! Praying for Gatlinburg.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Bump
raggedpoppy0
by Silver Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I've been watching the news and looking at videos/pictures on Facebook from there the past couple hours. I'm about 4 hours away and Gatlinburg has been a vacation spot for us since I was a kid. :(

I'm glad your sister got out! Prayers for everyone affected by these fires, and prayers that it keeps raining!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 29, 2016 at 8:28 AM

It's not getting better folks... hell I live within 35 minutes of there ( next county) and the rain did squat for what we got last night. Praying we get more tonight, but as it is at least 30 buildings are burned and it's on the edge of Dollywood. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)