Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do do you feel like you changed and you dont like who you have become?

Posted by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you feel you have changed for the worse? or do you like the person you have become, do you miss the person you were before? I used to be someone who loved helping people. id go out of my way! id give my last dollar to help someone. My S/O of 10 years doesnt feel that way, and i just eventually stopped! i feel its hurting me more now, i miss helping people! anyone else in the same boat?

by on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:25 PM
Yes. Its easy to lose yourself. When you realize it's happening you just have to try to get back to the team you.
BabyBrooke13
by Platinum Member on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:39 PM
I use to be fun and athletic and healthy. I got sick during my last pregnancy and my already existing respiratory issues got much much worse. I take mess every day just to breathe and I have gained enough weight that I can't even look at myself the same way anymore. I've lost my confidence in some aspects though I fake it pretty well. I still play sports, but I've lost a lot of my game and I get tired so easily and the next day I ache.

I do feel like I've lost Melanie in the chaos that is my life, but I remind myself all this is temporary and my kids will grow and I've got my whole life to find myself again. I think the worst part right now is the knowledge that the more weight I gain the worse my respiratory issues get, but I have no energy to do anything because I can't catch my breath. I know at 31 that unless there's a freak accident my lungs will kill me eventually and feeling that pain and struggle now is terrifying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 28, 2016 at 11:52 PM

Yes. I used  to be more fun and adventurous. Now I worry and stress, plan and research everything. I over think everything. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 29, 2016 at 3:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Volunteer somewhere.  I kind of miss my youth and going out dancing, not necessarily the drinking but sometimes I get tired of having to be responsible all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 29, 2016 at 3:31 AM
That's how I knew I was depressed. I didn't have the energy for things I once cared about and when I did have the energy I didn't enjoy it like I used to. And then I'd feel like shit for not enjoying it or not doing it and wallow in my self hate. ...it's a wonderful cycle
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 29, 2016 at 3:35 AM
I am at a job I know I should leave but the hours work for me and my family bit I dread, absolutely dread going to work every day.
tiffluv81
by BBW on Nov. 29, 2016 at 4:58 AM
My confidence and personality was stolen from me. I miss the old TIFF
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 29, 2016 at 5:03 AM

Yes and I hate it. I have a chronic disease which can be very debilitating at times. I frankly get jealous of seeing people just go about their lives while I'm stuck in this abyss of pain. I'm sorry but I just can't any more.

Quoting cluvsj4ever:

Do you feel you have changed for the worse? or do you like the person you have become, do you miss the person you were before? I used to be someone who loved helping people. id go out of my way! id give my last dollar to help someone. My S/O of 10 years doesnt feel that way, and i just eventually stopped! i feel its hurting me more now, i miss helping people! anyone else in the same boat?

Supercooper07
by on Nov. 29, 2016 at 5:07 AM
Yea, I used to be very positive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 29, 2016 at 5:12 AM
Yes, I use to be able to help others, not only financially but physically too. But for the past few years it's like I'm struggling to be able to financial care for my kids and I and physically, just going to the store is draining and leaves me in pain for the rest of the day.

In the last few years many things in my health have changed for the better but also for the worse. My diabetes and blood pressure is under control, but just this past year I've had 9 surgeries, been diagnosed with cancer (had 1/2 my thyroid removed), been diagnosed with 2 bulging disks in my back, have severe daily pain due to a blotched foot surgery that I am still having to do physical therapy for, also daily pain due to the back issues, diagnosed with PTSD and chorionic depression.

I use to love the holidays watching my kids opening their gifts, seeing the looks on their faces. Now, I cry myself to sleep as It gets closer wondering how I will even be able to do it and pay the bills. I even find myself yelling at them out of frustration sometimes and that hurts.

I wish there was a way that I can change it, but right now, due to the pain, my disabilities and until I am officially declared cancer free I am unable to work. I know the kids understand but it doesn't stop how I feel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)