Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do? small update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 110 Replies

My ex husband and I are currently having a custody battle. In our court order it states that if we take the kids out of state we are suppose to notify the other parent and let them know when we arrive in the other state and when we plan to get back. My ex took our kids out of state today and hasnt told me and i know that he wont. My husband told me to call the cops. I told him it would just be a civil matter and i cant do anything about it. Atleast thats what i think. He said it would atleast be reported and on record. Am i wrong? or should i just wait until monday and just tell my lawyer? He does this kind of thing alot. Going against the court order is something he thinks he can do but if i try he goes off and threatens me with court. The only thing i ever wanted to go against was time and i asked him i didnt just do what i wanted.

My kids came home tonight and told me what all they did yesterday. As i was giving them a bath my oldest told me that daddys aunt died. After i put the kids to bed I looked on fb and she for sure did. As i was reading on one of his cousins facebook pages my kids step mom commented and said that they plan to go out of state again during christmas break (my ex has the kids during this time) but this time its 16-18 hours away. It also stated in the comments dont let the kids mom know. The cousin replied back with dont worry about it i have her blocked. Obviously not. I think im going to see if i can get the lawyer to put something in writing that states my ex and i cant take the kids out of the state until this court stuff is done. thoughts?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Where and why did he go?

How did you find out?

I wouldn't involve the cops unless I feared for their safety or if he wasn't returning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:05 AM

1 state over. it was a christmas themed thing for the kids. my middle child told me about it and than today i saw it on their step moms facebook. i dont fear for their safety or that he wont return.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Where and why did he go? How did you find out? I wouldn't involve the cops unless I feared for their safety or if he wasn't returning.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:07 AM
Have your Attorney file a violation against him everytime he violates the court order. You should have been doing this all along
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Here's what I would do:

Print out the stepmom's post for proof.

Talk to him and ask him to let you know in the future. If he disagrees, contact your lawyer.

I'm not sure why he doesn't just tell you, is he disagreeable in other ways as well?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

1 state over. it was a christmas themed thing for the kids. my middle child told me about it and than today i saw it on their step moms facebook. i dont fear for their safety or that he wont return.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Where and why did he go?

How did you find out?

I wouldn't involve the cops unless I feared for their safety or if he wasn't returning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:10 AM

the other times i just had the word of my kids and wasnt sure about involving them. but i will be talking to my lawyer about this.

Quoting Sassy762: Have your Attorney file a violation against him everytime he violates the court order. You should have been doing this all along

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:12 AM

i took a screen shot. i plan to print everything out for court if need be. he has taken them out of state before without me knowing so im sure he still has the ill do what i want since im the dad attitude. yes in a lot of ways. he wants things his way and if i want something boo hoo we are divorced get over it is how he reacts to me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Here's what I would do: Print out the stepmom's post for proof. Talk to him and ask him to let you know in the future. If he disagrees, contact your lawyer. I'm not sure why he doesn't just tell you, is he disagreeable in other ways as well?
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Where and why did he go? How did you find out? I wouldn't involve the cops unless I feared for their safety or if he wasn't returning.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:13 AM
If there's no concern for their safety, and he's not running with them, why is this an issue? They're his children, he can take them wherever he wants, just like you can.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:13 AM
If you can, take a screen shot of the facebook proving they were out of the state. Good luck

Quoting Anonymous 1:

the other times i just had the word of my kids and wasnt sure about involving them. but i will be talking to my lawyer about this.

Quoting Sassy762: Have your Attorney file a violation against him everytime he violates the court order. You should have been doing this all along

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

because hes going against the court order. its there for a reason. if i were the one taking them out of state the police would be called immediatly. no he cant. thats the point of the court order.

Quoting Anonymous 3: If there's no concern for their safety, and he's not running with them, why is this an issue? They're his children, he can take them wherever he wants, just like you can.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

already done. Thanks!

Quoting Sassy762: If you can, take a screen shot of the facebook proving they were out of the state. Good luck
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)