Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yes, I left that brat in the cold

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this
And i have NO sympathy!

Backstory:

This 12yo girl started going to dds school this year. She transfered because her mom found out about her boyfriend and some other things.

As this girl was new and didn't have many friends, Dd reached out to her and was trying to be friendly.

The kids get up early to ride the bus and pickup/dropoff is down the street. The girl's mother seemed nice and one day stopped, as we were sitting in the car, to ask if i could keep an eye on her daughter, while she had to leave for work before the bus would get them. I said sure, though its not really my responsibility to watch her child, I was being nice.

Dd has tried to be nice and friendly, but this girl made friends with another girl on the bus who continues to bully my dd. We have been trying to get this resolved. (Some days i just drive dd to school as she's stressed).

Anyway, since it had been cold, ive been letting this girl into my vehicle to stay warm while they waited for bus to arrive. Dd has been coming home so upset, daily, that these girls are picking on her. Now, the girl down the street, is telling the "bully" on the bus things like we're "trash talking" her in the car and saying complete BS and untrue things. My DD is really hurt as she thought the neighbor girl was her friend. Like, she even baked my dd's cookies every week.

I was taken back! I'm now finding out that she's just pretending to being nice and only trying to start drama between my DD and this girl so my DD gets picked on.

I was PISSED! I went down the street, with Dd, to try to sit down with her mom so we can have them two work it out and figure out why this keeps going on. There was peace for like a couple weeks but now it's getting out of hand.

They're calling DD names. The neighbor girl said my DD wanted to fight her (girl bullying dd) and, even though my daughter could stand up for herself, I taught her we aren't violent and believe in being respectful and try to do the right thing.

This last week, this neighbor girl REALLY struck a nerve with me. She started saying I told DD to fight this girl on the bus and I'm SO pissed!!

It was cold out and as I drive my girls, we sat in the car and left the little brat out in the cold by herself. I told DD she doesn't need PRETEND friends like that and to be treated like that.

I'm not sure what to do anymore. I'm ready to tell my daughter to just go ahead and stand up to them as she is getting torn down every.single.day. UGH!!

I have spoken to bus driver and school with little being done. Some days i miss homeschooling but I'm currently in school and working so it's not possible. DD is getting really depressed and I just can't even with this crap anymore. She felt bad I left that girl in the cold but the lesson taught was if you treat people like crap, be prepared to freeze. Grrr...

Wwyd? Was I wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:22 AM
5 moms liked this
No, you weren't wrong. Fuck her. And go above whoever you've spoken with at the school if nothing is getting done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM
2 moms liked this
I'd give my kid a cell phone have her record it, without being obvious, and show the principal. I'd also make a big stink about them not doing anything about it.
RiotPixie
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM
She's contributing to bullying. You're not in the wrong at all. I'd do the same thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:24 AM
The school is a complete joke! If we could afford a better private school, we totally would take our kids there. Its like almost 10k a year for all 4 of my kids so we are stuck with this. The school board will be contacted soon as this crap won't stop

Quoting Ted1242: No, you weren't wrong. Fuck her. And go above whoever you've spoken with at the school if nothing is getting done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:26 AM
She has a smart watch thing. I've considered having her turn it on on the way home so I could listen in. Not sure how we can get it to record. Hmm.. Good idea

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd give my kid a cell phone have her record it, without being obvious, and show the principal. I'd also make a big stink about them not doing anything about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:28 AM
Even if you buy a cheap used phone that can record that you can put a memory card in.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She has a smart watch thing. I've considered having her turn it on on the way home so I could listen in. Not sure how we can get it to record. Hmm.. Good idea

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd give my kid a cell phone have her record it, without being obvious, and show the principal. I'd also make a big stink about them not doing anything about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:29 AM
I will look into this for sure

Quoting Anonymous 2: Even if you buy a cheap used phone that can record that you can put a memory card in.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She has a smart watch thing. I've considered having her turn it on on the way home so I could listen in. Not sure how we can get it to record. Hmm.. Good idea

cellomom26
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM
I would have done the same thing. You don't owe kindness to people who don't know the meaning of that word.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Bullying caused bad depression for me, I didn't like to stand up for myself but one day the girls who picked on me took pictures of me in the locker room and sent them to many of the guys at my school which caused them to try and sexually harasse me...

I finally snapped and when one of the girls came to bully me I swung and punched her in the throat, she got hospitalized for a whilE

My advice have her stand up to them, worse comes to worse she gets kicked and then you'll have all the times you reported and nothing was done and you can go after the school

(In my case they did nothing, I didn't get kicked and the bullies left me alone because I stood ip more and more...)

702girly
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this

As much as it sucks, sometimes you have to get physical to stand up for yourself. I was tormented horribly in school until a girl slapped me and I lost my shit and hurt her pretty badly. It all ended that day. No one ever bothered me again. 

If that girl puts her hands on your daughter, she needs to defend herself. I don't like violence either but people like that don't give a shit if other people are violent or not. They have no problem with it. 

As for the little neighbor bitch, don't ever do anything nice for her again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)