Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I at least apply? Or let it be (School related)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies

DD will start 6th grade (Middle school) next year. She goes to a regular public elementry this year, because  the charter school that she and her sibliblings had attended was no longer a good fit..

Our district middle school, isn't bad but it isn't good either. DD says thats where she wants to go.

I was looking into charter schools again, and found one that I think would be a perfect fit for her (and ds who will be in 5th next year) the charter school is 5th-8th.

There is also another charter that I know she would love, but when DS starts he would have to go to a different school, because he wouldn't do well at charter school #2 (it focuses on fine arts he HATES music/dance etc).

The lotteries are in Feb/March to see if you get in the charter schools. 

Would you at least apply and see if dd gets in, then discuss it with DD/ExDh (ex has a say where they go to school, but he lets me make the final decisions). Or just let her go to the public middle school that she says she wants to go to and forget even applying to the charters?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:26 AM
I'd apply and talk with ex beforehand and let him know that there is a potential for another option. Give him the info about the new school and then if she gets a spot bring up to the kid only if at that point ex agrees.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:32 AM
I'd apply. You can always turn it down if you make a different decision.

You never know what will happen. We applied to 3 schools for dd in 6th and she was accepted by all 3. (Only one had a lottery system.)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:36 AM

I would at least apply and see if she gets in. That way she will know her options and can sit down with you/exdh and discuss them and make the best decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)