Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I miss him...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
...and I don't want to. The first 18 months was perfect. He was an absolute gentleman. Then right before the wedding things changed. I chalked it up to stress and the situation if things. But it only got worse. Married a year and a half and I left. The verbal abuse and drinking was just to much. Now, it's like his eyes finally opened. He's so sweet again. But I don't trust it, or him. I wanna forget the good and move on
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:42 AM

Okay, you have our permission.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:48 AM
People usually don't change all that much. It's nice to think they do but really they don't. You left once for a good reason. Don't get caught back up in a bad relationship.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:52 AM
Therapy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:02 AM

Addiction is hard. Many addicts loose family over their addiction. WHich they of course love.

Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:09 AM
I've been going through almost this same thing with my dh for 5 years. Trust me, it doesn't last. The good guy act will disappear as soon as he gets comfortable again. I'm so sorry that you're going though this because I know it's hell.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:22 AM
It's who he is when times get tough that matters. Sounds like he isn't stable. Just look at it honestly as a fake act to get you back. If he was so sweet he would've been. Truly nice, good men don't do what he did. He's shown you his true colors now believe him. I know it's hard. I've been broken up from my unstable ex bf of 2 years for 7 mos and I still miss him. He had such a sweet side when he felt like it. I miss that side of him. But he could be a devil when he felt mean and when things were hard he was a jerk. Every time I even think of contacting him I focus on his mean qualities and how miserable I was. I loved him but I don't think I liked him much. My kid and I deserve better. Plus I'd be mad if my kid ended up acting like him at all and it would be my fault if he did because I brought the influence around. Concentrate on you and what signs you may have missed in the beginning so you don't repeat this mistake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:17 AM
I miss the good times with my ex. Just because he turned out to be a jerk doesn't mean the good times weren't good. I have wonderful memories with him. BUT he's a jerk and I'll never go back with him. Don't wish your good memories away. Just realize that person no longer exists.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:27 AM

This man has shown you his true colors.  It's ok to miss his good qualities but you need to always remember why you are no longer with him.  You deserve better and so does your kid(s).  Good luck.

Lindalou907
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:34 AM

The only way I would see him again is if he gave up alcohol, and even then I would just date him, and see how it goes. I'm separated from an alcoholic, I know what you're going through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)