Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does fifty look like?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I'm in my late 30S and wondering. What does it look like to you?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I am 48. I just had to get bifocals. Shoot me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:42 AM
It's actually strange for me. I didn't have kids until my 40s and now I'm 53 and my youngest is 4 (oldest is 10), so I'm still doing the little kid thing while most of my friends are already into retirement and grandchildren. I am always assumed to be my kids' grandmother lol. 50 is weird...you know you're getting old and yet, your mind is still as young as ever. The body, however, reminds you you're old. :)
crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:44 AM
No contacts?

Quoting nellyoleson: I am 48. I just had to get bifocals. Shoot me.
crumpy_gat
by No. on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:44 AM

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:48 AM
I can actually understand that from a child's perspective. My parents were in their late forties. It was embarrassing on occasion :(

I wish I could talk with them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's actually strange for me. I didn't have kids until my 40s and now I'm 53 and my youngest is 4 (oldest is 10), so I'm still doing the little kid thing while most of my friends are already into retirement and grandchildren. I am always assumed to be my kids' grandmother lol. 50 is weird...you know you're getting old and yet, your mind is still as young as ever. The body, however, reminds you you're old. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:50 AM
My parents were older parents also. It never embarrassed me. I guessed they raised you to be shallow then. That's disappointing.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can actually understand that from a child's perspective. My parents were in their late forties. It was embarrassing on occasion :(

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's actually strange for me. I didn't have kids until my 40s and now I'm 53 and my youngest is 4 (oldest is 10), so I'm still doing the little kid thing while most of my friends are already into retirement and grandchildren. I am always assumed to be my kids' grandmother lol. 50 is weird...you know you're getting old and yet, your mind is still as young as ever. The body, however, reminds you you're old. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 5:55 AM
Oh no, I don't mean that in a bad way. I adored my parents. They were my everything.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My parents were older parents also. It never embarrassed me. I guessed they raised you to be shallow then. That's disappointing.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can actually understand that from a child's perspective. My parents were in their late forties. It was embarrassing on occasion :(

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:12 AM
I'm 57. I love being in my 50's. I still feel young at heart, so do all my friends. It's wonderful to be post-menopausal. My kids are out on their own, so I'm done with all the teenage angst (they were born when I was 30 and 32). I'm still plenty young enough to do pretty much whatever I want.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)