Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a cute idea

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:49 AM
  • 14 Replies

So for our great nephews we got them a years pass to digger land, which is where kids and adults can go use "heavy equipment".

Since most 4 and 5 year olds can't dig a piece of paper we got them each a remote control toy dump truck to go with it. And little yellow construction hats (they love to play dress up)

I wanted to get something to go in the dump truck, 

Actually I wanted to take them both out of the box and put a bow on them and put soething in the back and give it to them like that.

DH says taking it out of the box will seem weird. So I said maybe open the box put something in the back and close it back up.

I dont know.

I know they have those candy rocks, its chocolate but they look like real stones. but a lb is 10 dollars, and not sure how much i would get for that price.

Im already in this gift 256 bucks.

Please file all Complaints directly with the Complaint Department

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Catherinesmom12
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:54 AM
My husbands grand parents take the gifts out of the box.

One year they got these cool piggy banks that look like the dog is eating the coins out of a dog bowl. They put batteries and $100 in it.

Don't fill it with candy. No parent wants that shit dumped on the floor.

Fill with pennies or something.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:57 AM

I wouldnt add anyting else.  What you have sounds wonderful.

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM

I wouldn't recommend giving kids food that looks like something that's not food.  You don't want them to mistakenly try to eat real rocks.  

Why dump trucks and not excavators?

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:03 AM

They are 4 and 5 , not morons. LOL

We got them dump trucks because that's what we wanted to get them. I dont understand your quetion.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

I wouldn't recommend giving kids food that looks like something that's not food.  You don't want them to mistakenly try to eat real rocks.  

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:08 AM

I wasn't trying to insult anyone.  Sorry you took it that way.

The others are getting a gift of "digging", but these two have dump trucks and not toy versions of the equipment the older ones will be using.  My kids LOVED to dig when they were those ages.  If they had digging trucks (excavators) I was going to suggest you hide plastic dinosaurs in their yard or sandbox for them to discover.

Quoting mmm2015:

We got them dump trucks because that's what we wanted to get them. I dont understand your quetion.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:12 AM

Its diggerland, they have all sorts of construction equipment not just excavators.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

The others are getting a gift of "digging", but these two have dump trucks and not toy versions of the equipment the older ones will be using.  My kids LOVED to dig when they were those ages.  If they had digging trucks (excavators) I was going to suggest you hide plastic dinosaurs in their yard or sandbox for them to discover.

Quoting mmm2015:

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Okie dokie.

Its diggerland, they have all sorts of construction equipment not just excavators.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

Quoting mmm2015:

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

jaxons_mama
by Live*Laugh*Love on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:15 AM
They have candy lumps of coal.
jaxons_mama
by Live*Laugh*Love on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM
And wow digger land sounds awesome! I have never heard of such a thing
sassysuie
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Get them a sandbox to dig and dump in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)