Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did any of you not like your DH or SO at first, but then he grew on you??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
The only reason I went out with my SO again is because my friend cinvinced me to give him another date and get to know him. Long story short, through a series of unfortunate events, I got stuck with him for a never ending date trying to sort out car issues. I grew to like him very much. He treats me well and does things for me all the time. Im well on my way to falling madly in love with him. Looking back, I never really thought it possible for something like that to happen.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:47 AM
I knew i would spend my life with dh before we met. We talked for hours daily for 5 months before we met in person.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:47 AM
Me ..when I met DH I though he was arrogant and had an ego the size of Texas lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:51 AM
No
I was extremely attracted to him from the get go.
I am so blessed that after 13 years he's still the best thing that happened to me.
Amazing father..super involved. As infants he would take a month off paid to do at least 50% of their care with me.
Amazing provider...on his 11th year of his military career with great honors. Prior to that he worked 60 hours a week never missing a day.
Amazing husband... Loving, romantic, helps always, Never goes out and spends all time off at home as family time.
I found what I consider my true soul mate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:51 AM

My husband is unattractive and talks to damn much. I don't know why I married him. His personality is dry and stale as 5 day old toast.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:52 AM

We met at the apartment complex we lived in at the time.  I would see him around and he never smiled just seemed to work and go home.  I was done with dating by the time I met him but he came up to me one evening when I was walking my dog and introduced himself.  He asked me out to dinner and I accepted.  After that, he just kept coming around and being nice to me.  Before I knew it, his sense of humor, his loyalty and decency had me hooked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:52 AM
Those guys need to be knocked down many levels
Howd you get unfortunate enough to get stuck with him?
My hubby is very humble, the quiet one who was in the special forces whod let loud mouths try to pick fights with him then hed knock them down a few levels.
Lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Me ..when I met DH I though he was arrogant and had an ego the size of Texas lol
Azure
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:53 AM

Nope. I knew from the moment I met him that he would be my husband.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:54 AM
No with hubby i knew soon after i had written him a break up letter and sent it to his basic training post i knew i had made a huge mistake. It took 10 years to find him. I knew that I still had loved him very much. He proposed three months after getting back together. Celebrating 5 years of marriage here next month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:58 AM
Hes a musician who is fairly popular in his genre so it comes with the territory lol and he just wouldnt give up but he actually turned out to be very sweet and kind and hes a thoughtful partner and Father.

Quoting Anonymous 6: Those guys need to be knocked down many levels
Howd you get unfortunate enough to get stuck with him?
My hubby is very humble, the quiet one who was in the special forces whod let loud mouths try to pick fights with him then hed knock them down a few levels.
Lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Me ..when I met DH I though he was arrogant and had an ego the size of Texas lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:01 AM

The first time I met SO I thought he was a cocky asshole... but now I realize it was a front... he's the most loving and misunderstood guy... I'm so very glad I gave him a chance. He's amazing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)