Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chronic pain... anyone else?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

I have chronic pain issues... it's freakin exhausting. I use heating pads, take countless pills, sleep a lot... It's so fucking depressing sometimes. I have osteoarthritis, and I'm pretty sure I also have fibromyalgia... currently working with my doc on a diagnosis, so NO, I'm not a google Dr. :) Anyone else going through this?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AllTimeLowMama
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Endometriosis and runner's knee in both knees. I feel you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM

I seriously wish medical marijuana was legal in my state... I really think it'd help...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM

*hugs*

Quoting AllTimeLowMama: Endometriosis and runner's knee in both knees. I feel you.

AllTimeLowMama
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Same here. Pain sucks and I hate pain meds. They mess with my head too much.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I seriously wish medical marijuana was legal in my state... I really think it'd help...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Me too... I ususally try not to take them... I prefer natural... Have you ever tried kratom?

Quoting AllTimeLowMama: Same here. Pain sucks and I hate pain meds. They mess with my head too much.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:02 AM
5 years with daily chronic back pain and now one year with shoulder pain. It never ends and it so depressing sometimes. I try not to let it get the best of me but some days are just bad. I would love to wake up not in pain. I work and try to exercise as much as I can, but it hurts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM

*hugs* mama... I try to exercise too, but most times it just makes it worse. There are days when I have such God awful tension headaches that I just want to scream! Nothing helps... Laying around makes it worse, exercise makes it worse, heat does nothing, pain meds and muscle relaxers don't touch it... I swear sometimes I'm at the end of my rope with this shit... I WISH I could just have some relief.

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se: 5 years with daily chronic back pain and now one year with shoulder pain. It never ends and it so depressing sometimes. I try not to let it get the best of me but some days are just bad. I would love to wake up not in pain. I work and try to exercise as much as I can, but it hurts.

La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I suffer from migraines too, have since I was a toddler. Thank goodness for imitrex, it works 99% of the time for me. I worry that I take it too much though, I get like 10-15 migraines per month. I would never be able to function without it though.

I can't do pain meds at all, I throw up constantly whenever I take them, even if taken with an anti nausea script.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

*hugs* mama... I try to exercise too, but most times it just makes it worse. There are days when I have such God awful tension headaches that I just want to scream! Nothing helps... Laying around makes it worse, exercise makes it worse, heat does nothing, pain meds and muscle relaxers don't touch it... I swear sometimes I'm at the end of my rope with this shit... I WISH I could just have some relief.

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se: 5 years with daily chronic back pain and now one year with shoulder pain. It never ends and it so depressing sometimes. I try not to let it get the best of me but some days are just bad. I would love to wake up not in pain. I work and try to exercise as much as I can, but it hurts.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:07 AM
I have (non diabetic) neuropathy in my legs, feet and hands. It's managed pretty well with gabapentin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Unfortunately, because I have tension headaches from my muscles being constantly contracted, Imitrex wouldn't help... I hate to complain about it because I know people get tired of hearing it, and I feel like they think I'm just over exaggerating or trying to get attention or something. This is just so damn frustrating!!!

Quoting La_Vie_en_R0se: I suffer from migraines too, have since I was a toddler. Thank goodness for imitrex, it works 99% of the time for me. I worry that I take it too much though, I get like 10-15 migraines per month. I would never be able to function without it though. I can't do pain meds at all, I throw up constantly whenever I take them, even if taken with an anti nausea script.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)