Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why on the rare days I am sick..

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM
  • 35 Replies
Does everyone have to act like needy assholes? Do you get a break when you are sick?
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:26 AM

No, I don't get a break either. I've been fighting a cold since pretty much the day my vacation started. 

I helped ods and his gf paint the new room in the basement yesterday. Then argued with dh around 9pm-and was so pissed I stayed up til 1am...(not good, for someone fighiting a cold)

nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. My dh is annoying the shit out of me.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I don't get a break either. I've been fighting a cold since pretty much the day my vacation started. 

I helped ods and his gf paint the new room in the basement yesterday. Then argued with dh around 9pm-and was so pissed I stayed up til 1am...(not good, for someone fighiting a cold)

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
No, but I realize the kids aren't acting any different then any other day, I just don't feel good soneven their breathing can be annoying, I work very hard at not biting their heads off :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get a break either. My children become helpless little soles!
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband picks up the slack but I still feel obligated to be up taking care of everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I have never gotten a break.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Hell no. I was running a fever, coughing up a lung and sick as hell last weekend. Nobody lifted a damn finger and dh was off for 4 days since he took a day off. I still helped the kids with their school (we school at home), lunch and dinners and cleaned up alone, picked up and did laundry for dh (his uniforms). Said no wonder I cannot get well. Went to clinic on Wed since not getting better. Put on antibiotic, 40mg daily of prednisone and for some great cough syrup. Dh bitched about the snow in the deck and front porch yesterday. I went out and cleaned off even though I should not have been outside in the negative temps with my lungs. Told him lots of grown ass men work 8 hours a day and still work around the house. Told him the kids might help more if they saw him doing something other than bitch. Fell on deaf ears.
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Just barricade the bedroom door and go to bed :)
702girly
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I just take one. 

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Ds is 15 so he pretty much takes care of himself and dh will gladly wait on me hand and foot but I haven't been truly sick in years.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)