Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My kid sucks at stranger danger

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I got an email sent home saying they did a lesson at school where a stranger tried to get them to approach him.

My kid was the only one who went to the stranger -_-

Sooo we gotta work on that. He's just such a friendly dude. It's a blessing and a curse
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM
I have a couple kids like that too. It scares the crap out of me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM
I hate stranger danger. It makes kids afraid of everyone. Teach common sense.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM
Lmaooooo

My oldest. All the way. I had to drill it in his head that not everyone wants to be his friend lol it was a daily thing.

My DS4 is having the same issue :( i have to remind him daily. He is too shy though, so he might do ok lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:40 AM
My baby smiles at strangers but if they touch him he freaks out.
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
We don't teach stranger danger but if we did ds would suck at it too. He talks to everyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM
True but he's only 4 so at this point I think its better to be more safe than sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hate stranger danger. It makes kids afraid of everyone. Teach common sense.
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Right? Statistically a child is far more likely to be hurt by someone they know and trust.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I hate stranger danger. It makes kids afraid of everyone. Teach common sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:43 AM
This is the perfect time to teach common sense. What you teach him now will stick.

Quoting Anonymous 1: True but he's only 4 so at this point I think its better to be more safe than sorry.

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM

people you know arent any safer.you should teach them not to go to ANYONE unless mom or dad say so or its an officer in uniform.

MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM

Stranger danger doesn't work. Kids  actually need to talk to strangers all the time.  And plenty of bad people aren't strangers.  It's better to teach kids about tricky people.

http://safelyeverafter.com/about.html

Don't text and drive.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)