Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Buying house in Texas, Houston

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

We come from California and we were only renting there for years. What would be your tips and advice for first time buyers? What is your criteria while looking for a house?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mumsy27
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:52 PM
Look up the school ratings. Houses are cheaper there so you will get more for your money. The woodlands is nice but very busy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:02 PM
Yes, school ratings is number one priority for us, is Woodlands pricier than other places?

Quoting Mumsy27: Look up the school ratings. Houses are cheaper there so you will get more for your money. The woodlands is nice but very busy.
Mumsy27
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:26 PM
It is pricier.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, school ratings is number one priority for us, is Woodlands pricier than other places?

Quoting Mumsy27: Look up the school ratings. Houses are cheaper there so you will get more for your money. The woodlands is nice but very busy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Wherever you live, plan to send your kids to a great private school.
ASouthernMother
by Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:28 PM
Conroe is a nice area.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:29 PM
It's WAY cheaper actually.

Quoting Mumsy27: It is pricier.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes, school ratings is number one priority for us, is Woodlands pricier than other places?

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:29 PM
Texas is a great state
However I know nothing about Houston's real-estate
So here's a bump for you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:32 PM
Hey, I live in Conroe 😊 kind of....my address says Conroe but we live in the woodlands.

OP, do you know where you/dh will be working? It can take easily and hour, hour and a half to get from one end of Houston to the other so I would look for the nicest area close to work.

Quoting ASouthernMother: Conroe is a nice area.
joshsgirl12
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM
Bellaire is a pretty good area in Houston, there is also memorial city.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:33 PM
Most definitely but you're still going to get a lot more than you would in California. Where are you renting?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)