Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do about this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
I'm having issues with my ex. He won't get a confirmation that our dd doesn't have Hus blue cross blue shield insurance. It's affecting out DDS medical and caused problems with getting her glasses. Can I call and have them send the confirmation to me? My ex doesn't have that insurance anymore. Dd is on state insurance
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:09 PM
You shouldn't have to do anything. If she doesn't have it, she doesn't have it. Provide what she does have.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:10 PM
Why would you need proof that she doesn't have insurance that her father doesn't even have?
ayacocca
by Lioness on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM
I'm not sure why you'd need a letter of confirmation; if any claims aren't going thru, that's proof enough..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM
It doesn't work like that with state insurance. It will keep popping up. I need confirmation from the other insurance she isn't on it. Private insurance comes before state insurance.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You shouldn't have to do anything. If she doesn't have it, she doesn't have it. Provide what she does have.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:12 PM
Because she's on state insurance and it's required.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Why would you need proof that she doesn't have insurance that her father doesn't even have?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:13 PM
State insurance needs proof

Quoting ayacocca: I'm not sure why you'd need a letter of confirmation; if any claims aren't going thru, that's proof enough..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:14 PM
Then have the doctor's office call and verify she's not on it, and then have them remove it from their system.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It doesn't work like that with state insurance. It will keep popping up. I need confirmation from the other insurance she isn't on it. Private insurance comes before state insurance.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You shouldn't have to do anything. If she doesn't have it, she doesn't have it. Provide what she does have.
ayacocca
by Lioness on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:15 PM
Oh, OK. Gotcha. I think that it is possible to have a letter faxed over; now will it be done in timely fashion? That's another issue. Good luck

Quoting Anonymous 1: State insurance needs proof

Quoting ayacocca: I'm not sure why you'd need a letter of confirmation; if any claims aren't going thru, that's proof enough..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:16 PM
Can they actually do that?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Then have the doctor's office call and verify she's not on it, and then have them remove it from their system.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It doesn't work like that with state insurance. It will keep popping up. I need confirmation from the other insurance she isn't on it. Private insurance comes before state insurance.

PrettyLittle6
by LeahLikesPerfect on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:16 PM
It would pop up that she had other insurance (if she did) when the state insurance tried to bill a claim. If it doesn't pop up, then that means she doesn't have any other insurance. Why are they making it so difficult for you? Yeesh! Sorry, mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)