Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My youngest no longer believes in Santa...

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM
  • 16 Replies
And I am so sad. He's 12 now and I knew this day would come. My 16 year old DS has tried to help keep the magic alive for him but Isaac is just so logical. This is the same kid that says the moon landing was fake.

We have a saying in our family that if you don't believe you don't receive. It's to help keep the magic going for the little ones. He says he won't say anything to them but he just doesn't believe that it's possible for Santa to visit the whole world in 1 night.

So no more Santa gifts for my baby...😢

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:50 PM
I.Just.Can't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:51 PM
But, he still gets the same amount of gifts right...just not labeled as from Santa?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:51 PM
12, that is ridiculous.
LaughinTattoo7
by Frenchy on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM

My oldest dd whos 10 still believes but Im starting to think it will be the last year. But we have a rule in my house....even my grinch of a husband is forced to play by the rules: No presents unless you believe in Santa. We reallt stress the "spirit of Santa:.....and I will continue to do so until they are 90 yo lol

meliec3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:52 PM
We do 3 gifts each and then Santa if they believe.

Quoting Anonymous 2: But, he still gets the same amount of gifts right...just not labeled as from Santa?
momwriter
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM

Wow, 12 is old for that! I was about 10, which I thought was old...but I pretended to still believe for awhile after that.

SweetLoveSong
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:54 PM
It took until he was 12?! He must be so logical, lol!
meliec3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM
Why is that ridiculous?

Quoting Anonymous 3: 12, that is ridiculous.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM
Glad you were able to keep it going that long! How did he make it to 12? 7-8 is the max around here. My kids were about 7 when they figured it out. I teach first grade at a school so that's pretty standard from my experience.
Could be they are acting tough and denying santa at school so they don't get made fun of though. This is an inner city school and many of my kids were told from the beginning there's no santa. Or as one mom told me - "my daughter knows ain't no fat white guy buying shit for her it's all me me my 2 jobs"
meliec3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 2:56 PM
He told me he started having doubts a couple years ago but didn't want to say anything.

Quoting SweetLoveSong: It took until he was 12?! He must be so logical, lol!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)