Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do

Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My husband has this friend, he has 2 daughters and a wife. They live in a fifth wheel that sometimes has running water if the pipes aren't frozen, sometimes has heat if they can get a space heater and it doesn't catch on fire, no shower, and a toilet that sometimes works. No oven. They BBQ everything.
ALL of that in itself is bad enough but most of it can be worked around.
But they are incredibly abusive, emotionally, mentally, and physically is debatable.
The mom tells the girls (6 and 9) that everything is their fault, they are the worst behaved kids she's ever known( which they ARENT). She tells them that they aren't having Christmas because they have no money for gifts and no money for food. WHO TELLS THAT TO THEIR CHILDREN? Even if it is a reality, the kids don't need to be burdened with the parents financial stuff.
The 6 year old started having accidents and stuff again and so the mom won't let her go to the bathroom alone, she tells everyone who will listen, spanks her til she can't sit, and they bring her to OUR house so my husband can punish her because they don't know what to do with her.
That little girl has some serious problems, she's been through hell in her life and they are thinking about finding a counselor. They've been thinking about it for several months. She hurts herself and tells her school that her family doesn't love her and she doesn't care about anything. She told me her parents wer skipping her birthday and I asked them about it and they said "yep because she has no friends that would want to come".
We have them stay with us sometimes while the dad is out of town working and they actually come to life when they are with me(my husband works out of town too). When the mom comes back to get them or drop stuff off or whatever they cower and completely change.
I have Christmas gifts for them because I really don't think their mom is going to do anything for them.
We are contemplating bringing them for Christmas but I don't want the mom to ruin it for our family too. But if we don't invite them the girls are the ones who will suffer.
We brought them thanksgiving dinner because we were going to other families house and there wasn't room but I think Christmas they need to be with us.
I don't know what to do. I think CPS needs to step in but I don't want to mess the girls' world up anymore than it is. I don't want to not know where they are.
I'd adopt them if I could.
I just feel so sad for them. Especially the younger one. She's already adopted by them. And she's been told it's because her parents "want nothing to do with her".

Oh and they also have a wolf living in their 5th wheel.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:14 PM
Get off the damn computer and call CPS
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:17 PM
Call CPS asap that is no way for those girls to live.
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM
What they said 👆
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:20 PM

That is absolutely a call to CPS.  And if something ever happens to either of those girls, authorities will probably have some questions for "the man who punishes her when she's REALLY bad."  You would be VERY wise to get ahead of this RIGHT NOW.

Don't text and drive.  

by Flamingo lady on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:25 PM

Oh it's time to call CPS. They can't live like that. 

by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:27 PM
Explain by your logic how calling CPS would make things worse for these children?

Whatever you're thinking, is just you trying to justify not doing what needs to be done because you don't want to anger the parents, that is cowardly.
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:27 PM
Call CPS.
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:28 PM
You know it's the right thing to do in this situation. Just call.
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:29 PM

yea you need to call cps.

by Stacey on Dec. 11, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Spanks her until she can't sit??  :  (

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)