Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm such an idiot

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I was enjoying my day. I cleaned, hung out with the kiddo and just relaxed. I started cooking supper, creamy lemon pepper chicken and risotto. I'm standing at the stove with a class of pino about to put the food in the oven when my phone rang. It was my manager. I was supposed to be at work 15 minutes ago.

I COMPLETELY forgot I was supposed to work this evening. I don't have a set weekly schedule, he alternates our days every week. I've never forgotten a shift in my life.

I made it to work with no repercussions other than the fact that I didn't get to eat supper. And to top it off my SO texted me telling me how amazing it was. Here's to a snowy night in a dead bar room. I hope your Sunday evening is better than mine!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwilliams76
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:28 PM

That sucks. Hope there's leftovers for you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:30 PM
Hubby should have brought you some.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! The bar food just isn't cutting it. I'm glad I made a lot!

Quoting iwilliams76:

That sucks. Hope there's leftovers for you.

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:32 PM
Aw, was your boss nice about it? Good for you making it there and being responsible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:34 PM
It's snowing out and he's at home with the little guy. As much as I'd like him to bring me food Id rather they stay home.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Hubby should have brought you some.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:35 PM

"I'm standing at the stove with a class of pino..." 

That glass (?) of pino will do it every time!

Sorry that your shift will be so boring and dreary.  If I lived nearby, I'd come in to buy a few beers and chat with you. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this
My boss was alright. He was just glad I made it so he didn't have to stay lol. I'm actually done his job after Christmas. I'm going full time at my day job. Believe me I wanted to stay home so bad but I can't burn bridges.

Quoting Lunarprancer: Aw, was your boss nice about it? Good for you making it there and being responsible.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM
Lol. I'm enjoying my one day off by finally recuperating from my nasty sinus congestion I've suffered from for five days. A little while ago a coworker called and asked me to cover his shift tonight. I never say no. I worked my last three days off by working for others. I immediately lied and said I had a family thing. I only feel and smidge of guilt. A very small smidge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:39 PM
I'm glad you feel better! Don't feel even a smidge bad! You deserve be day off!

Quoting emandab: Lol. I'm enjoying my one day off by finally recuperating from my nasty sinus congestion I've suffered from for five days. A little while ago a coworker called and asked me to cover his shift tonight. I never say no. I worked my last three days off by working for others. I immediately lied and said I had a family thing. I only feel and smidge of guilt. A very small smidge.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:46 PM
Thanks. And the weather is shitty here too, so we'd be dead as fuck. I feel your pain, the worst shift is a dead shift.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm glad you feel better! Don't feel even a smidge bad! You deserve be day off!

Quoting emandab: Lol. I'm enjoying my one day off by finally recuperating from my nasty sinus congestion I've suffered from for five days. A little while ago a coworker called and asked me to cover his shift tonight. I never say no. I worked my last three days off by working for others. I immediately lied and said I had a family thing. I only feel and smidge of guilt. A very small smidge.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)