Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About to lose my s***.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
My MIL made some piss poor choices 2 months ago and have ended up homeless with her 9 year old daughter, my SIL, and her boyfriend... So, they came to live with us. We have a 5 bedroom house and really don't have the room, but we made it work, anyway. She refused to get rid of her California king size bed...So we gave her the biggest room (our room) and we downsized to the smallest room so the kids won't be crammed... Neither of them work. Her boyfriend has done some outside work on my grandmother's house, she pays him 300$ per week. My Dh is the only income. He pays all the bills, oil, propane, phone bills, insurance, car insurance, groceries, house supplies, etc. They smoke, he buys their cigarettes, they need gas, he fills their tank... So we haven't seen a penny of this money he's been getting. Not for groceries, anything. Dh is getting pissed, but doesn't want to kick his mom out... Okay, then kick out the fucking loser who wants to be a macho man and tell her not to get a job, but won't fucking support her. Dead weight. Gtfo. But his mom has health issues, blaaaahblaaaahblaaaah. Idgaf. Not a single one. Our grocery bill has gone up 400$/month. We're struggling and they get to blow 300$ a week!!! Really?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
She should go apply for housing assistance.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:40 PM
5 moms liked this
Force him to give you money by saying, you eithere start giving me x amount of money a week or you are gone.

You teach people how to treat you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:40 PM
She's too good for that. Too proud. That's what I tell her all the time. Apply.for some assistance. Nope.

Quoting Anonymous 2: She should go apply for housing assistance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:40 PM
3 moms liked this
Well, it sounds like they have it made. Why would they change?
You need to draw up some papers with a specific move-out date and have your "tenants" sign it in front of a notary.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:41 PM
You need to censor your title before the pussies of the grpuppy complain to the God's about how offended they are and how their eyes are burning because you saw a curse word
tvsoccermom15
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I get wanting to help your MIL & the 9 year old....but the others can fend for themselves.  

Why won't your DH kick them out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM
She can't be too damn good, put her in her place. Remind her of the nothings she can afford.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She's too good for that. Too proud. That's what I tell her all the time. Apply.for some assistance. Nope.

Quoting Anonymous 2: She should go apply for housing assistance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:42 PM
6 moms liked this
I would either make their stay as uncomfortable as possible, or tell them myself what I will be expecting in the future.

First mistake was letting her have her way with the bed and giving up your room...would have never...ever...done that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM
Very good idea!

Quoting ReedusStalker: Force him to give you money by saying, you eithere start giving me x amount of money a week or you are gone.

You teach people how to treat you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM
I'd give them 3 months to figure something out or they will be homeless for real this time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)