Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone use zenni optical

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

Has anyone here bought glasses from Zenni optical and what was your experience? Were the glasses made correctly to your RX?

Basically I can visit the eye doctor every year for a checkup/new contact RX, BUT the insurance will only get new glasses every 2 years. And I really only use the glasses for backup to get a break from the contacts. So just wondering if anyone has used this site, I've heard mixed things.

Edit to add: My eye doctor does not fit or sell glasses at their location anyway so I'd have to go elsewhere anyway.

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM

Yes! I love them. 

We've been buying from them for about four years now. All of our glasses have been tested by our eye doctor and they're all the correct prescription. We've never had an issue.

Our insurance covers one pair of glasses a year but I use zenni to get backup glasses, sunglasses, and sports goggles. They've saved me so much money. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:45 PM
I've been wearing contacts exclusively since I was about 11.

I always have a difficult time adjusting to glasses. Even in the right prescription they make me dizzy and just don't feel right. I've gotten countless frames from my optometrist with the same issue.

I got a pair from zenni optical and adjusted to it perfectly. Best glasses I've ever had and I only spent a little over $20.
Catherinesmom12
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:46 PM
Yes they rock!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 2 pairs from them. It took a long time to receive them. Also, getting your pupil distance is difficult. If you measure yourself it's hard to get exactly right. And most places with give you grief over giving it out. Or if they do it's a subpar measurement. Also, you have to adjust them yourself. It's hard not trying them on. I would say pay the money and get it done right. IMO.
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:55 PM

I have also been using contacts since 11 or 12. I feel I can't see good enough with glasses, I hate the whole having to turn your whole head deal. I just need the glasses for night shift at work, or home at night. I never ever use glasses for driving or anything important unless i have pink eye or something.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I've been wearing contacts exclusively since I was about 11. I always have a difficult time adjusting to glasses. Even in the right prescription they make me dizzy and just don't feel right. I've gotten countless frames from my optometrist with the same issue. I got a pair from zenni optical and adjusted to it perfectly. Best glasses I've ever had and I only spent a little over $20.

Episkey
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:57 PM

Mobile Photo

LOVE my glasses from zenni optical!
xixCandyxix
by Candy on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:57 PM

They do not sell glasses where I went to the eye doctor & gave me a paper RX all printed out so I'd assume it's on there since they KNOW I'd have to go elsewhere ?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have 2 pairs from them. It took a long time to receive them. Also, getting your pupil distance is difficult. If you measure yourself it's hard to get exactly right. And most places with give you grief over giving it out. Or if they do it's a subpar measurement. Also, you have to adjust them yourself. It's hard not trying them on. I would say pay the money and get it done right. IMO.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Dec. 11, 2016 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I have. I love them. They are true to my prescription and super cute. A little flimsy, but it's not like I'm barfighting or running with the bulls.

I am support!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:01 PM
Good luck.

Quoting xixCandyxix:

They do not sell glasses where I went to the eye doctor & gave me a paper RX all printed out so I'd assume it's on there since they KNOW I'd have to go elsewhere ?

Quoting Anonymous 2: I have 2 pairs from them. It took a long time to receive them. Also, getting your pupil distance is difficult. If you measure yourself it's hard to get exactly right. And most places with give you grief over giving it out. Or if they do it's a subpar measurement. Also, you have to adjust them yourself. It's hard not trying them on. I would say pay the money and get it done right. IMO.

AutumnRunner
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:02 PM
Never heard of them. I've used eyebuydirect.com for several years and have no complaints. I get glasses through them exclusively and just use my insurance for contacts
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)