Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seriously think it's a good idea...do you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I made another post a few days ago about how I'm not feeling very christmassy this year and there's a shit ton of crap going on right now. I told someone that I'm tempted to just book a room at great wolf lodge for Christmas weekend. I wasn't serious at first but now that I've thought about it I really think it's a good idea.

The kids would love it and I could really use the time away. I went online and there are rooms available. I'm not sure dh would go for it though. We usually stay home for the holidays and he likes things to stay the same. I'd like to make this a new tradition. Obviously we would bring the kid's gifts and still have Christmas morning just do it at the hotel. What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sassysuie
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:43 PM
It's something to consider. Sounds fun.
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:43 PM
DH and I have talked about doing something like that when our boys are a little older and out of the Santa Christmas.
AvantGardener
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:43 PM

Go for it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:44 PM
You should do whatever you want. Great wolf here is crazy on Christmas though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:44 PM
Not unless im invited!
MrsBieg
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:45 PM

Every year, I ask Santa to give me pink eye for Christmas.  A few years ago I got the flu, so that was good.  But I still had to do Christmas a week later.  Ugh.

Don't text and drive.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:47 PM
There's one about 3 hours from us but I've never been. We were planning a trip in Feb for my dd's 6th birthday but I think I'm going to talk to dh into going for Christmas instead.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should do whatever you want. Great wolf here is crazy on Christmas though.
happyflappy
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:47 PM
I think it sounds like fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:49 PM
Its a lot of fun.

Quoting Anonymous 1: There's one about 3 hours from us but I've never been. We were planning a trip in Feb for my dd's 6th birthday but I think I'm going to talk to dh into going for Christmas instead.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You should do whatever you want. Great wolf here is crazy on Christmas though.
paigea
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 8:50 PM
Did it with my extended family a few times when my kids were young. Not my favourite Christmases but they were okay
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)