Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Living room picnic

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:53 PM
  • 27 Replies
2 moms liked this

My MIL had a couple of friends over and they were in her bedroom. I put some food and tea on a tray and told my nine year old son to go bring it to her room so they could relax and have some privacy for their lunch. My three year old said "how come Grandbunny gets to have food outside the kitchen and I can't?" I said "She is an adult and is in her room, when you are an adult you can make rules for your room. Besides, she has guests over, sometimes it's okay to break rules a little to make guests more comfortable. I let you have snacks on a blanket in the living room when you have friends over sometimes, right? Go be a good boy and help your brother, I'll let you have your lunch in the living room as a treat and you can watch a movie" 

I put on the movie, put down the blanket, and gave the kids their lunch. I went to go feed the baby and when I came back my kids, my MIL, and her friends were all sitting on the blanket together watching Big Hero Six. My three year old told them "be careful not to spill", I told him "you don't tell adults what to do", but it was just so funny to see a group of grandmothers sitting on a blanket with the kids, just as enthralled in the movie. 

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:54 PM
That's odd that your mother's friends were visiting in her bedroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:55 PM

That was wonderful of the group of grandmothers.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

She is my mother in law and why is that odd, she has a nice sitting area in her room and she has privacy there, without kids around if she wants adult conversation. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's odd that your mother's friends were visiting in her bedroom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Telling them to be careful is not parenting the women.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM
It's not a proper place to entertain.

Quoting lenashark:

She is my mother in law and why is that odd, she has a nice sitting area in her room and she has privacy there, without kids around if she wants adult conversation. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's odd that your mother's friends were visiting in her bedroom.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM
How cute
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:03 PM

They were very kind, my three year old slipped in the tub last week and bit through his lip, one of them noticed and called to ask her husband to bring frozen fruit pops that she made for him to suck on to help his lip feel better when her husband was coming to pick her up.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That was wonderful of the group of grandmothers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:03 PM
Really? You remembered word for word that big long ass speech you gave? Where's the meme?!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM
Untrue. A sitting room is in fact the proper place to entertain company. A sitting "area" will do as well.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's not a proper place to entertain.

Quoting lenashark:

jjessers
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:04 PM
That sounds cute that all the women joined the kids . I love the comment your 3 yr old made. I don't think it was necessarily out of line. He was just being a kid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)