Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hiding flaxseed in food

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

DS10 is having constipation issues.  I won't go into the whole saga but I don't really want to do miralax like when he was a toddler.  i put flaxseed in some homemade oatmeal once for my toddler and it was so potent.  ds10 won't eat oatmeal though.  he's SOOOO picky and it drives me crazy. 

any suggestions on good foods to hide some flaxseed in?  i don't want to give him diarrhea but i need him to get more regular and not making a bathroom trip every 10 mins because he's only pushing 1 pebble out at a time.

tia

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this
If you grind it enough it should mix with almost anything. I use it in a lot of foods and have never had that issue with myself or kids.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Get the clear Benefiber and put 1/8 teaspoon into everything he drinks.  Seriously, it works,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Muffins?
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:39 PM
He is old enough to understand the consequences of not eating this stuff. So sit down and explain to him
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM
I'd try to figure out what's causing it. Dd can't have dairy or she gets constipated. Probiotics help her as well.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:41 PM
Does he like chips? My parents buy some flax seed chips that are pretty tasty. They're just like tortilla chips.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:42 PM
Gingerbread anything. Or have him drink something hot then drink something cold.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:54 PM
See a doctor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2016 at 12:22 AM

we have told him we are about to that point and he's resistant because he's embarrassed.  i told him that he needs to make some changes or we'll go to the doc.  i gave him 3 days.  i wanted to try adding the flaxseed to see if that may help get him started in the right direction.

Quoting Anonymous 6: See a doctor.

WaterorWine
by Wino on Dec. 12, 2016 at 12:24 AM
Muffins, smoothies, pancakes, banana bread.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)