Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The face of depression

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Depression isn't always tears and trying to kill yourself.

My depression signs are
-over eating
-hair pulling
-forgetting or avoiding basic hygiene (I know. I'm working on it)
-and lack of wanting to speak to anyone.

I was diagnosed earlier this year with having anxiety. I freaked over something small, got sent to the er cause I was having chest pains (we didn't know) and my Dr said anxiety

Now that I have that over my head I feel useless andm like a burden. So I get depressed.

I hate it. I don't want to be sad! I'm usually pretty peppy. I wish I could find something that helped
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:51 PM

My depression signs are 
-Lack of eating
-forgetting or avoiding basic hygiene (I know. I'm working on it)
-lack of wanting to speak to anyone.

-lack of sex drive

Hugs momma it does get better. I'm under a treatment plan and on meds which help 

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:53 PM
Hugs!

I just got out of inpatient for depression related to chronic pain and guilt.

Everyone has different walks of life's when it comes to depression.
PaULieS_MoMMy
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:55 PM
I'm sorry it sucks so bad. Try as best as you can to push through. Find something that makes you happy and do it.
Crafting
Scrapbooking
Reading
Baking
Doing your nails
Any small thing that brings you joy try doing it at least once a week , make time for yourself also ,even if it's just a nice bath with candles.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:03 PM
I would suggest therapy, and talk to someone about medication to help. I have anxiety and depression as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:07 PM

I feel the same. and it's easy for others to say it will get better or get easier and what not....I feel like nothing will change until something changes. Now tell that to my husband and my kids! they refuse to change. They refuse to pick up after themselves and they expect me to be everything and do everything. Well I am not going to just pop out of this if they don't help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:10 PM
I feel you.
My depression signs are:

Overeating
Avoiding certain hygiene (I shower, but I rarely wash my hair or shave or take any other care in my overall appearance)
Moodiness/lack of patience
Lack of energy

I hope things look up for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2016 at 6:50 AM
Yeah I'm the same w the shower. Half the time I have a killer migraine so washing my hair makes me feel like I'm going to die.

Shaving is a huge chore that I can't be bothered with either

Quoting Anonymous 5: I feel you.
My depression signs are:

Overeating
Avoiding certain hygiene (I shower, but I rarely wash my hair or shave or take any other care in my overall appearance)
Moodiness/lack of patience
Lack of energy

I hope things look up for you soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2016 at 6:56 AM
This is me, I'll forget to eat & end up sick. I'll forget to shower which while I don't sweat a lot, it's still not healthy & it drives me crazy. I'll sit down & won't have the energy to move. I don't even want to think about sex & the less talking I have to do the better. But when I do talk, if I'm ignored I get really hurt. Everything makes me emotional or I shut down completely.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My depression signs are -Lack of eating-forgetting or avoiding basic hygiene (I know. I'm working on it)-lack of wanting to speak to anyone.

-lack of sex drive

Hugs momma it does get better. I'm under a treatment plan and on meds which help 

g33k
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2016 at 7:02 AM

you can get treated.

i was diagnosed with major depressive disorder, high anxiety disorder and OCD ... all from untreated post partum depression that spiralled out of control.  I got better after 2 years of treatment - zoloft + intensive psychotherapy. now i'm 100% treated so you don't have to live like that. go to therapy !

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)