Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the parents who only buy their kids 1-3 presents...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 220 Replies
Would you splurge if you were a millionaire?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Doubt it. It wouldn't be necessary. Kids don't need ridiculous amounts of shit that will just be forgotten or broken within a month. We can afford to get our kids more, but we choose not to.
ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:01 PM
3 moms liked this

no...because they get lots of presents from other people. the reason they only get what they get is because of that. now if other people didn't get them presents i'd probably get them more.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:02 PM
1 mom liked this

no. I could afford more than I bought now and stopped because it's not necessary.  there is plenty of materialism in todays society, my kids will find it anywhere they look.  I want Christmas to be more than another gift grab to them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:03 PM
8 moms liked this
That would stop them from coming on MC and posting their futile attempts to shame parents who buy more than three gifts.
bob.the.minion
by 🍌bababa baba nana on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:03 PM
No.
AvantGardener
by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:06 PM
1 mom liked this
We aren't buy 3 presents because we can't afford more. My kids already have stuff. They don't need a another room full of stuff they'll never use.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:07 PM
No. We arent into all that materialistic crap.
prettymomma1204
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We do it to keep our children humble and grateful. The extra money can go to buying for the less fortunate. Christmas is about giving. Unfortunately, for many people it is about getting.
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:08 PM

When I had more money, I bought more gifts, so probably. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:09 PM
4 moms liked this

That would assume that there is a correlation between the amount of gifts and the amount of money spent.

In previous years we’ve done the want, need, wear, read and some of the things were more expensive. For instance, the read gift was an expensive boxset of an entire series.

This year, DD and SS will open about seven gifts apiece (some of the gifts are related – like a playdoh kit and playdoh, or a Pokémon encyclopedia and Pokémon cards) but we spent less than $70 per kid.  

I’d like to think, even if we were millionaires, we would only choose a few gifts per kid. I would be much more involved with giving gifts to low-income or high needs families though.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)