Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One family done

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm ok so yes I'm bragging, I don't care. I just finished wrapping all the gifts for the kids of the family we adopted and can now switch focus to wrapping for my kids and extended family. All that's left is to wrap the mom's gifts, get the dad a gift, and purchase the holiday meal for the family. The only thing I hope to get out of doing this every year, is to someday find out I made at least one person feel the magic that Christmas should be about.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
monshine2
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:23 PM
I'm glad you can help make a family happy during the holidays.
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Let me say this, my parents were raging, but semi-funtioning alcoholics. They had 8 kids they could not afford and there was one year it liked like we wouldn't have anything for Christmas.

That year someone did this for us and I'll never forget it. I couldn't tell you what we got, but I can tell you how we felt. We all still talk about it to this day. The giver got past my parents ignorance and helped the kids. All 8 of us. We have since moved on from living in the ghetto, to all being successful. A lawyer, sheriff, SAHM with a degree, a teacher, & a couple of entrepreneurs.

Thank you for sharing your selfless act.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:29 PM
You go girl! How many kids are they for?
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:31 PM
Awesome! Giving back is an amazing thing!
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:32 PM
You're the bomb
HappyMommyToo
by CC on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:33 PM
That is an awesome gift you are giving to the family.
krislovejmt
by Pirate Wench on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:34 PM

Good job! That's amazing of you to help others out. <3

I always wanted to be adopted. I don't want presents though, I just want someone motherly to pat me on the back and tell me "Good job for being an adult today! You've earned pajama time!" and "It's OK to hide candy from your children! You're special too!" 

nanny1918
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:38 PM
That's great. My daughter and I got our adopted family gifts wrapped Friday night and I delivered them first thing Saturday morning.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM

Someone adopted my family years ago and I am hoping one day the kids and I can do it for someone else. When we got ours we were flabbergasted due to the fact we have no idea how are names were submitted. Who ever bought for us went way overboard and as much as we were thankful it was way too much we did not even need the help at the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:50 PM
I don't know anything about the family other then their gender and ages and of course sizes and wishes. I don't want them to know us either. I would love though to somehow find out that at least one of these families felt the way your family did because everyone should feel loved on Xmas morning.

Quoting kgsharber: Let me say this, my parents were raging, but semi-funtioning alcoholics. They had 8 kids they could not afford and there was one year it liked like we wouldn't have anything for Christmas.

That year someone did this for us and I'll never forget it. I couldn't tell you what we got, but I can tell you how we felt. We all still talk about it to this day. The giver got past my parents ignorance and helped the kids. All 8 of us. We have since moved on from living in the ghetto, to all being successful. A lawyer, sheriff, SAHM with a degree, a teacher, & a couple of entrepreneurs.

Thank you for sharing your selfless act.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)