Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you go through with not giving gifts on Christmas?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
I have 5 kids and my oldest 2 decided that instead of buying each other gifts they want to spend the day volunteering. Upon hearing about their plans, the other kids wanted to exchange gifts that way as well. So no gifts.

We announced on Facebook to our friends and family that this is our way of doing gifts this year and we would be more than willing to volunteer with them instead of doings gifts.

So we have several days already planned for volunteering from now until the new year. I'm excited for this possible new tradition and that my kids want to do it. It's also made the season a lot less stressful without all of the shopping.

On the other hand, it does feel a little strange that we won't be doing gifts at all. It's a big change because we've always celebrated Christmas pretty traditionally.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome. Have a great time!

Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Honestly, no. We originally said Santa was only coming to my kids dads this year since it's his Christmas and we would just give them a couple of things when they come home...but we've already done a 180 and my bedroom closet is full of Amazon boxes. Lol. We are now doing a Chriatmas complete with Santa when they get back. Ooops. Lol. We couldn't help ourselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:40 PM
Not for me, but have fun. It seems your kids are into it. It could be a new tradition. ☺️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:43 PM
I'd still buy them gifts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:45 PM
Shouldn't you have saved that money for sks' dental work?

Quoting Jojobug13: Honestly, no. We originally said Santa was only coming to my kids dads this year since it's his Christmas and we would just give them a couple of things when they come home...but we've already done a 180 and my bedroom closet is full of Amazon boxes. Lol. We are now doing a Chriatmas complete with Santa when they get back. Ooops. Lol. We couldn't help ourselves.
Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM
Credit card. We will be paying it off for a while but we can make it work. All of the kids deserve a real Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Shouldn't you have saved that money for sks' dental work?

Quoting Jojobug13: Honestly, no. We originally said Santa was only coming to my kids dads this year since it's his Christmas and we would just give them a couple of things when they come home...but we've already done a 180 and my bedroom closet is full of Amazon boxes. Lol. We are now doing a Chriatmas complete with Santa when they get back. Ooops. Lol. We couldn't help ourselves.
Jojobug13
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:46 PM
Credit card. We will be paying it off for a while but we can make it work. All of the kids deserve a real Christmas.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:47 PM
I'd HAVE to give a gift but I'd probably give something that would help or relate to the volunteer work.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:47 PM
No i couldn't. I enjoy the gift giving part of xmas
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Lmao.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)