Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sexist and rude fast food chain?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies

I was waiting at the counter for my order while the fast food worker was taking the next person's order.  A grandmotherly type was ordering a happy meal and the kid asked For a Boy or a Girl?  The woman was terribly confused.  (I think she was ordering for herself.)  So the rather dense worker asked the same question with the same words in exactly the same way again (expecting a different response)  I turned to him and said Politically Incorrect question.  Tell her about the toys. 

Do you think the kid was sexist and rude?  Don't you think that McDonalds should stop training their workers to be so sexist?  Does the institutionalized sexism bother you?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
702girly
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:12 AM
5 moms liked this
I wouldn't give the teenager making minimum wage shit for saying what his employer told him to say.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My point exactly.  His employer should do a better job.

Quoting 702girly: I wouldn't give the teenager making minimum wage shit for saying what his employer told him to say.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:14 AM
3 moms liked this

I always say two the same thanks for my son and daughter if they are both with me... my son doesn't care if he gets a girl toy and my daughter doesn't care if she gets a boy one... but god forbid they get different ones what a fight over one toy they both want...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:16 AM
5 moms liked this
How in the Hell is it sexist???
You can order a boy boy or girl toy for either gender.
Is your life so boring you seek out non existent injustice in everything?
I would avoid your psycho ass at all cost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:17 AM
3 moms liked this

News flash-most little boys don't want a doll at some point in their lives usually after the age of 4 or so.......thats reality-and I say this as a Mom whose son DID ask for a doll (and got one)  He outgrew that.  Most parents know why the question is being asked and can get their child what the kid wants.  Do you want a morphing breslinger or the lolly poozer bracelet would confuse people even more-and expecially at the drive thru it would be an issue as the clerks had to describe the tosys-a simple boy or girl does not preclude the parent from getting whichever toy they want for their child in any case!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:24 AM
Nope not rude. It's not sexist so it doesn't bother me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:25 AM

But I bridged a communication gap and hopefully the kid learned to listen. Repeating the same words doesn't make them make any more sense than they did the first time they came out of your mouth. He didn't understand why she didn't understand the question.  Now he knows better and will do better.  His bosses however are still ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How in the Hell is it sexist??? You can order a boy boy or girl toy for either gender. Is your life so boring you seek out non existent injustice in everything? I would avoid your psycho ass at all cost.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:27 AM

Quoting Anonymous 4:

News flash-most little boys don't want a doll at some point in their lives usually after the age of 4 or so.......thats reality-and I say this as a Mom whose son DID ask for a doll (and got one)  He outgrew that.  Most parents know why the question is being asked and can get their child what the kid wants.  Do you want a morphing breslinger or the lolly poozer bracelet would confuse people even more-and expecially at the drive thru it would be an issue as the clerks had to describe the tosys-a simple boy or girl does not preclude the parent from getting whichever toy they want for their child in any case!

The McNugget people were gender neutral

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:27 AM
3 moms liked this
You're insane.
That elderly lady never saw this as sexist. Only your crazy ass did!!
She likely was just old and always easily confused.
Go protest something you spazz.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

But I bridged a communication gap and hopefully the kid learned to listen. Repeating the same words doesn't make them make any more sense than they did the first time they came out of your mouth. He didn't understand why she didn't understand the question.  Now he knows better and will do better.  His bosses however are still ignorant.

Quoting Anonymous 3: How in the Hell is it sexist???
You can order a boy boy or girl toy for either gender.
Is your life so boring you seek out non existent injustice in everything?
I would avoid your psycho ass at all cost.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow ageism too.  You are a peach.  And you have quite a mouth on you!

Quoting Anonymous 3: You're insane. That elderly lady never saw this as sexist. Only your crazy ass did!! She likely was just old and always easily confused. Go protest something you spazz.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 3: How in the Hell is it sexist??? You can order a boy boy or girl toy for either gender. Is your life so boring you seek out non existent injustice in everything? I would avoid your psycho ass at all cost.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)