Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH and I might uninvited mil

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
Mil has always had this weird obsession with my father, at our wedding she met him and his girlfriend and since then she's always asking about him, it's gotten so bad that he and his girlfriend had to even block her because she'd call and text him all the time and when he wouldn't answer she'd call his girlfriend and ask her where he was and what he was doing(they wet all friends on fb).

Well Christmas Day we are having dinner and presents, mil has requested none stop to sleep in the same room as my father and his girlfriend and has even offered to buy a hotel room for the three of them to share, she's requested to sit near him at dinner and won't leave DH and I alone about being there when we pick him and his girlfriend up...

It's making things very weird and it's making my dad feel weirded out and thinking about not coming. DH talked to his mother about this and explained how it's making Christmas akward with her obsessing over and taken man and how it needs to stop or she isn't allowed over.

Nothing's stopped her! She calls us everyday asking about plans and trying to be pushy... i dont know what to do or think! DH told her as of right now she's not invited over due to her asking when we already told her no...

This woman won't give up!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:31 AM
I got nothin'!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM
Same here... it's just so weird! She's met him a total of six times and al those times she wouldn't leave him be!

Quoting ZamilyMom: I got nothin'!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:35 AM
How old is your mil? Is she having memory problems?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Spin off post from the post last night where the husbands father always flirts with his wifes mom??
"I hate xmas at my daughters house", lol
EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Your house and your decision.  Tell her such inappropriate behavior will NOT be tolerated and she ios NOT sleeping in the same room with dad.  I'd tell her that one more word and she is not coming.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:44 AM
I tell her she's not welcome on Christmas anymore.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
No one is even a little creative anymore. We need new trolls with new material.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Spin off post from the post last night where the husbands father always flirts with his wifes mom??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jeda1429
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:47 AM

thats really wierd.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:48 AM

My mom is obsessed with FIL, she's just not that obvious. 0.o So, I get it. It's awkward. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 8:53 AM
Quoting LAXmom21: No one is even a little creative anymore. We need new trolls with new material.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Spin off post from the post last night where the husbands father always flirts with his wifes mom??

Ikr??? Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)