Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My toddler will be there when his sister is born

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

My OB is all for it, but a lot of friends and family think it's either creepy or just weird. He'll be 2.5 when his sister comes, he's been with me for all of my appointments (and has picked up words like utuerus) and really enjoys seeing her on the ultrasound. He'll have his own support person, a person dedicated to caring for him and in charge of bringing him and out of the room as needed/wanted. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:48 AM

My kids were always there. My first was in the room with us till it was he nap time. So my Dad took her and then just kept her till we called him. After her sister was born.

With our third both the girls were there for the whole thing. We had a home birth and they mostly watched tv up in our room. When it was time they came down.

I don't know why they think it's weird or creepy. So many do that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:48 AM

I personally wouldn't, but to each their own.  I always wanted to concentrate on my labor, not on my other children while in labor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Poor kid. He doesn't need to see up your cooch.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

My OB is all for it, but a lot of friends and family think it's either creepy or just weird. He'll be 2.5 when his sister comes, he's been with me for all of my appointments (and has picked up words like utuerus) and really enjoys seeing her on the ultrasound. He'll have his own support person, a person dedicated to caring for him and in charge of bringing him and out of the room as needed/wanted. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:50 AM
I was so thankful ds wasn't with me when dd was born.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:51 AM
It's your birth. I don't see a problem, I just never wanted mine in the room so I could focus.
ChildOfTheLight
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:52 AM
All my kids were there for all my births.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:53 AM
The only time I have seen a family do this it wad pretty traumatizing. Mom had to have an emergency c section, everyone wad overly upset. I had to pry the toddler away from Mom. Fast couldn't comfort child because he was Mom's support. It was sad and scary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Eyeroll... why not just have a party there while your at it. It's so calming to have a toddler sit around for hours upon hours doing nothing but watch Mom in a bed. Have fun!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 3: Poor kid. He doesn't need to see up your cooch.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Just to be a bit sarcastic at you: In this family, we use the proper words for things, like vagina. Can you say vagina? 

AnonMomof3
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 10:54 AM
That wasn't an option for me. I'm not sure I would have anyway.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)