Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Had to Call the Sheriff!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

Last night around 11:30, I was laying in bed watching tv.All of a sudden, I thought I heard a noise. I muted the TV, and sure enough, I heard screaming coming from outside.. I went into the other room and opened the window, nothing. I waited. Just when I was going to chock it up to my imagination, (horror movie on TV) It started again. It was a kid screaming bloody murder! It wasn't just screaming though. He was screaming "Someone Help me!! Help Me!!!) over and over. I ran to the living room where my 2 oldest kids already were heading for the door. (ds 20, and dd 28) I grabbed the phone to call the Sheriff. There is no city police here. My dd came back in pissed off. Apparently, the neighbor's dd was babysitting her 10-year-old brother and locked him outside! It was 28 degrees out there and he was freezing in a t-shirt and shorts. The sister would not open the door for anything. So, we took some blankets out there and sat  there with him until the deputy showed up. She wouldn't even open the door for him! He had to go through the unlocked garage door with the boy to get him in! Now, I am really hoping I did the right thing here with calling the Sheriff. This woman is going to be pissed!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by squeekers on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:37 AM
Cruelty should be punished
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:38 AM

Good.

She's a bitch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I would of called the sheriff too, butt I would of invitted the boy in until the sheriff showed up cause how cold it was, to make sure he didnt get sick
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Why didn't you bring the child into your house and wait for the Sherriff there?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:45 AM
I would of called the sheriff too, butt I would of invitted the boy in until the sheriff showed up cause how cold it was, to make sure he didnt get sick
AbbyWalsh
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Of course you did the right thing. If the mom gets pissed at anyone, it should be her daughter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:46 AM
Of course you were right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:47 AM
2 moms liked this

The Deputy said I did the right thing. She could have pressed kidnapping charges on me. That's why I bought blankets out.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would of called the sheriff too, butt I would of invitted the boy in until the sheriff showed up cause how cold it was, to make sure he didnt get sick

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:48 AM
Other than not bringing the child inside, you did the right thing.
littlepinkrose
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 11:52 AM
You did the right thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)