Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fitness Program...

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:19 PM
  • 1 Replies

My 8 year old is in one. We started last month, and so far, it's going great.

We had orientation, one class (so far), and one visit with his medical team. During the class, I learned some rather shocking tips that I never would have thought could affect a diet.

The biggest one being to let the kid decide how much and what he wants, at scheduled times. It doesn't mean let him raid the cabinets all the time, it's make meals and put it on the table, let him get what is on the table that he WANTS and don't make him eat something he doesn't want....and let him go for seconds, thirds..whatever as long as it's on the table. Same with snacks, give him options and let him choose from those only. If he (or any of the kids) chooses to eat nothing at that time, he's not allowed to eat between scheduled times, and he can only eat what I've put on the table.

It's amazing how much that simple tip has changed ALL of our eating habits. I notice he's eating less than he was before. It makes me think he was eating just because I didn't want him to, lol.

But, when we met with his medical team last week, the doctor felt the need to order a sleep study for sleep apnea because he's still snoring and REALLY tired all the time. His lab work looked great and he's already had tonsils and adenoids removed, and Nasal-Septum reconstruction surgery, and she feels that should have improved his sleep if it wasn't apnea.

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
chinosruca
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 1:40 PM
Glad you have found what works for your family. Hope all goes well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)