Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is in love with you....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

That is what my sister said to me after Thanksgiving. Since then, it has been on my mind. My father in law is always at my home. He comes and he helps me around the house. He fixes stuff and he keeps the outside of our home in shape. Usually he eats here, because he is always fixing things or sprucing up the outside of my home. I appreciate his help, because I like my house to be clean and beautiful. This is an old house with no mayor problems. Anyway, I always thought he was lonely and he appreciate the company of my kids and me. Don't get me wrong he has never made a pass of me, but my sister put that thought in my mind and I cant get rid of it. Should I be concern or is my sister maybe misinterpreting my fil?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GLO682
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:35 PM

where's your husband?

K3412
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:35 PM

Did she say why she thought that? Personally I wouldn't give much credit to someone else's judgement on a situation that you know first hand. Don't let her words create doubt or concern in your mind when it wasn't there before based on your actual experience.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:36 PM

We live together if that is your question, he works 12 hours a day.

Quoting GLO682:

where's your husband?

tsatske2
by Latricia on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd assume he was trying to be a good grandpa and inlaw, and that he is probably, as you said, lonely. Don't stress it. Your sister is just screwing with your head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:38 PM

I think he's just being nice and helping his son's family keep their home nice since he works 12 hours a day.  Your sister should have kept that inaccurate sounding thought to herself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:39 PM

I wouldn't believe it... *shrugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:40 PM

I wouldn't care if it were true as long as he's doing stuff, lol. I wouldn't address it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:40 PM
This.

It's a shame that your sister would misinterpret someone just being helpful. Does she have any healthy relationships in her life?

Quoting tsatske2:

I'd assume he was trying to be a good grandpa and inlaw, and that he is probably, as you said, lonely. Don't stress it. Your sister is just screwing with your head.

LalasMommy1125
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:41 PM
He is probably helping since your husband works and he's being a good dad and grandpa.
Catherinesmom12
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 12:42 PM
I'm sure he loves you but not in love with you. If that was the case my dad would be in love with my husband
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)