Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My goal is to develop a semi-manly build...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Through weightlifting. I find it interesting that this is such a hot topic for so many people. As soon as I started expressing interest the comments about, "well, don't get too big and manly" started. As soon as I showed muscle growth, the comments about my body, questions about my femininity, jabs at my husbands own manliness and assumptions about my reasoning started. How very odd.
A woman loves to run and no one thinks anything odd. A woman loves to bulk muscle and it's like she grew another head and becomes the topic of many a conversation between family, friends, coworkers and even complete strangers.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:10 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:12 PM

I think that look is unattractive (when taken to the extreme) on men and women but worse on women. I'd never say that to someone IRL because that's rude. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:14 PM
Quoting Anonymous 2:

I think that look is unattractive (when taken to the extreme) on men and women but worse on women. I'd never say that to someone IRL because that's rude. 

The catty comments some women make are unreal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:14 PM
I weightlift and love it. I know many who do also. There is nothing wrong with being muscular at all.

When someone says don't get to manly. Tell them you don't plan on growing a dick!

Ask them what makes muscular people look manly? They won't be able to. Because not all men are muscular.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:16 PM
Quoting Anonymous 3: I weightlift and love it. I know many who do also. There is nothing wrong with being muscular at all.

When someone says don't get to manly. Tell them you don't plan on growing a dick!

Ask them what makes muscular people look manly? They won't be able to. Because not all men are muscular.

I'll have to try that and see what they say. I am a newb still but once I saw results I was smitten with lifting. 😁
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting Anonymous 2:

The catty comments some women make are unreal.

People think having no filter is so cool. *eye-roll* You're probably super hot and intimidating so they say stupid shit.

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:18 PM
I love my muscles.
Most women don't look manly even with the bulk, anyway. Body builder physique is very deliberate, and take so much dedication for a woman.
I'd like Serena Williams figure, but that will never happen for me.
Ignore folks. I don't see why they feel the need to comment on attractiveness unless they were specifically asked
g33k
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:22 PM

I wouldn't call it "semi-manly" rather, I refer to that physique as "muscular".  Women can not build the mass like men (testosterone levels are not that high) unless synthetic hormones are taken. My girlfriend is so muscular but her frame is about 125lbs and the girl is ripped like Jillian Michaels. She's not HUGE but you can totally tell she works out like a mofo.

I love it when women are/look strong!  when i started back at the gym 6 years ago, my goal was to get shredded!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:23 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Can't mistake these amazing ladies to be men at all. I'd say they are truly curvy, curves of the muscles.

Nothing wrong with being muscular
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:25 PM
Quoting Ultrakiwi: I love my muscles.
Most women don't look manly even with the bulk, anyway. Body builder physique is very deliberate, and take so much dedication for a woman.
I'd like Serena Williams figure, but that will never happen for me.
Ignore folks. I don't see why they feel the need to comment on attractiveness unless they were specifically asked

I do want a semi-manly build but I have never admitted that out loud bc I don't want the comments about it. When i say semi-manly I don't just mean muscular but feminine like most women will get but some serious bulk. I would love for my biceps to rival my husbands and he's a well built German.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)