Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well I guess she doesn't want a phone that badly

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 290 Replies
6 moms liked this
My dd lost the privilege of owning a cell phone. Long story to lead to it eventually happening.

Anyways, she wants a cell phone. We told her no. It would take a lot of work for us to even consider buying her one and there is no guarantee that the first one will be a smart phone. Maybe we will start back over with a flip phone. ( She lost all privileges and she can't leave the house without a cell phone, trust issues as well). She said if we buy her a flip phone she will be mad and probably break it and I said even if that is the only way you can leave the house without someone with you. She said I would not leave the house with a flip phone. Ok I guess she doesn't want a phone or her privileges back bad enough.

She is 17. Yes she is 17 but I do have our reasons.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:49 PM
32 moms liked this
More power to ya. 17 doesnt mean shit if you are paying for it. Kids these days act entitled to cell phones at 11. Its insane.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:49 PM
5 moms liked this
I can't even imagine how much you must have screwed up to have a 17yo who doesn't have a job and isn't allowed to even leave your home.

This is sad.
Jinxed8
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

wow ... I'd rather be allowed to leave the house with a shitty phone then be cooped up at home 24/7 !  But then again I'm not a teenage girl ...

quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:49 PM
3 moms liked this

ok,gonna need the backstory..hey,you knew wed ask..

katieculpepper
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM
17 moms liked this
Seems fine to me. If my kid told me that she would break a phone I bought if it wasn't what she wanted, she would never be bought a phone again for the rest of her life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM
4 moms liked this
You don't even know the story behind this so yeah just shut up

Quoting Anonymous 2: I can't even imagine how much you must have screwed up to have a 17yo who doesn't have a job and isn't allowed to even leave your home.

This is sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM
Long story and it would take way to long to explain it all

Quoting quinnsmom715:

ok,gonna need the backstory..hey,you knew wed ask..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that's your choice...but you raised her.

Like i said, I can't imagine.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You don't even know the story behind this so yeah just shut up
Quoting Anonymous 2: I can't even imagine how much you must have screwed up to have a 17yo who doesn't have a job and isn't allowed to even leave your home.

This is sad.
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
So much fail for a post that's not even that long.
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I really hope your child is in therapy then, at 17 this shouldnt be a continued issue unless she has issues and they need to be dealt with. Once she is 18 you will have no control what she does anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)