Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little update for those interested

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

Previous post here

As an update, no one claimed the little guy. Turns out that I am allergic to dogs so we couldn't keep him. I cried but I dropped him off at a no kill shelter. (They charge you to drop animals with them, I had no idea but money well spent) Before he was even taken in while we were waiting for the parvo test to come back a woman was telling the vet that she wanted him and she would be back in 5 days (req hold time) for him. I was so happy that he would have a home. They let me give him his toys that we had got for him and promised that the new owner would be given the option to keep them. I was glad that he could have something for his time there. He is a very happy puppy.

by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
AutumnRain314
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! Happy endings are good!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:00 PM

That's great but just so you know....There is no such thing as  no kill shelters. Eventually, if an animal isn't adopted out or taken home, they WILL put them down. That's just how it rolls.

KittyMom1026
by Sharon on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Sorry you couldn't keep him but glad he's still going to a furever home. Hope they screen the future adoptee well. I volunteer for a rescue group and we go as far ad doing home visits before we let our animals go. Then, the dog team even does follow up visits. We also require a few reliable references, hopefully one is a Vet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:02 PM
We're not
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:02 PM
We're not
KittyMom1026
by Sharon on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes there is, I volunteer for one. We refer ourselves as a rescue group, but definitely a no kill group.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That's great but just so you know....There is no such thing as  no kill shelters. Eventually, if an animal isn't adopted out or taken home, they WILL put them down. That's just how it rolls.

Smaug
by Book Worm on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

He's a cutie; I'm sure he'll find a home even if the lady doesn't work out.  It was extremely nice of you to make sure he had a safe place to go to as well.

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:03 PM

I am not sure how their process is for adopting, but if it is anything like their drop off then I have hope for his future.

Quoting KittyMom1026:

Sorry you couldn't keep him but glad he's still going to a furever home. Hope they screen the future adoptee well. I volunteer for a rescue group and we go as far ad doing home visits before we let our animals go. Then, the dog team even does follow up visits. We also require a few reliable references, hopefully one is a Vet.

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM

That is what they told me. They keep all the animals until they are adopted... they couldn't even take this little guy until they verified that they had the space for him. They had 2 slots open so we were lucky.

Quoting KittyMom1026:

Yes there is, I volunteer for one. We refer ourselves as a rescue group, but definitely a no kill group.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)