Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

toddler loud

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
During babies naps.(I care for two babies) Help! I tell him it's quite time and he just doesn't get it. I've tried to get him to stay in his room, give him quiet activities, cartoons, nothing works.

Advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.gravy.
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 5:59 PM
when my toddler gets loud i usually start whispering to and at her. it works like 50% of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJsMom81507
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:02 PM

my kids slept through all noises.  i never restricted quiet time when one was napping.  made life so much easier.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:02 PM

The babies will learn to nap through noise.

I never understood the need to keep a house quiet when a baby slept or even a toddler slept.

tsatske2
by Latricia on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:02 PM

Most babies can sleep through most any noise that is not unusual to them. 

Do quiet activities with him, puzzles, school work books, coloring. Keep reminding him to be quiet. Give him a sticker every once in a while for being quiet, even if at first you have to try hard to catch the quiet moment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:11 PM
He also intentionally wakes them up :-/

Quoting .gravy.: when my toddler gets loud i usually start whispering to and at her. it works like 50% of the time.
.gravy.
by Gold Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:13 PM
well toddlers are kind of assholes, so...

Quoting Anonymous 1: He also intentionally wakes them up :-/

Quoting .gravy.: when my toddler gets loud i usually start whispering to and at her. it works like 50% of the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:14 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I never understood the need to keep a house quiet when a baby slept or even a toddler slept.

Do you sleep at nights when your neighbor has a loud party?

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:18 PM

I found that my babies slept best when it was louder than quiet.  It isn't fair that he no longer naps but has to be quiet as a mouse because of the babies. 

Now intentionally waking them he would be punished and get time outs.  That wouldn't be tolerated but just normal playing and noise I wouldn't stop. 

Do you close the door where the babies are napping and simply use a monitor?  That would probably be best. 

Spare.Time
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM

How loud, I mean exactly what does  toddler do?

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM

Anyone can sleep through anything once they get used to it.  My kids have zero issue once they are asleep I can even vacuum, I put all their clothing away in their room etc. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Do you sleep at nights when your neighbor has a loud party?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)