Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't get dd what she wants for christmas.

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM
  • 37 Replies
Dd8 has been asking for a golden retriever puppy for a year or so. We have 2 big dogs already and don't have the room or money for that big of a commitment. We have told her several times we can't get another dog right now. So, she resorts to writing a letter to santa clause and she already sent it.. Dh and I discussed it and agreed we can handle a pet bunny instead. They are not as big, don't eat so much, they are quiet, and we could handle that. We don't prefer little dogs either so that's not an option. My question is what excuse could Santa give for bringing a bunny instead? Any ideas? And I already chose and paid for a bunny and I love it! I already held her and she's so sweet. The bunny will have plenty of love and attention from me either way. Any ideas what to tell her from Santa?
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Tell her Santa made a mistake, but it wouldn't be fair to the bunny to not give him a loving home.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:21 PM

I wouldn't say anything at all unless she asked. 

tsatske2
by Latricia on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:23 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell her the Easter bunny (who by the way lives on Easter Island in the North Pole, where it is always spring) had some extra little bunnies that couldn't wait till Easter to get a new home.

peachesforme
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:24 PM
Hey that's a cute one! Thanks

Quoting tsatske2:

Tell her the Easter bunny (who by the way lives on Easter Island in the North Pole, where it is always spring) had some extra little bunnies that couldn't wait till Easter to get a new home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe write a note from Santa to leave with the bunny saying that a puppy couldn't fit in his sleigh or wouldn't sit still in his sleigh?
krislovejmt
by Pirate Wench on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I would tell her that Santa is trusting her to take care of this orphan bunny because it needs love and that all the puppies that he knows already have parents and people that love them to take care of them, but this bunny is all alone and needs her.

Make it into something she can get behind ^_^

OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Santa is a wise old elf. He wouldn't make a mistake like that. I would say (as Santa of course), "I know that you wanted a dog but after discussing it with your parents, we decided that a lonely bunny would be a better fit for your family. This little fella needs a good loving home as I found him on my route to deliver gifts. I know that you will take great care of him/her and I look forward to visiting our furry friend when I stop at your house next year. Love, Santa. 

Quoting jjames1990: Tell her Santa made a mistake, but it wouldn't be fair to the bunny to not give him a loving home.

Spare.Time
by on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM

She's 8.  Don't expect her to love this bunny when she is begging for a dog.  Terrible substitute.

Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:28 PM
"I've heard from your mom and dad that a puppy is just too much for your family right now. However, I think this little bunny would fit right in and he would love to come and be your friend. Will you give him a loving home?"

Something like that.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Dec. 13, 2016 at 6:29 PM
Really? Lying about the geographic position of an actual place?

Quoting tsatske2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)